Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I've noticed this issue lately, too. I'm nervous enough about it not going off that I'll set it after midnight so it says "7:30AM" instead of "7:30am tomorrow". This needs to be fixed, pronto!
    This problem I believe is tied to the fact that the Pre can't reliably restart background processes after being restarted. The native alarm never works well for me either. I recommend the app MyClock. It has never failed me even after a restart and lets you customize your alarm as well.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. Bought my Pixi+ last Wednesday ... the alarm went off Thursday and Friday last week. I updated to 1.4.5 over the weekend, and the alarm hasn't gone off since. I reset it yesterday, and there's an alarm-set notification when I go to bed, but when I wake up it's gone and nothing went off. Fortunately, I work from home and don't have to be up at a certain time, but it's still disappointing coming from a reliable BlackBerry. I like everything else about this phone though, so I guess I'll just use a real alarm clock, or maybe try the aforementioned tricks or apps.
    On my list of the top five reasons I gave up on Sprint Pre, this was one of them. I've not used an alarm clock or a wrist watch in five years, and have become completely dependent on my cell phone for this function.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    On my list of the top five reasons I gave up on Sprint Pre, this was one of them. I've not used an alarm clock or a wrist watch in five years, and have become completely dependent on my cell phone for this function.
    Thats a pretty bad reason to give up on a great phone. You could always download an app....the default app isnt the only clock app for the phone. Thats like giving up on the pre cuz the calculator app sucks(which it does) when there are a ton of calc apps or because it didnt come with a stopwatch app..which there are tons of.
    Like I said, it was one of a few.

I get you wouldn't drop a phone for that, but since every phone I've had for five years (probably longer) has had this feature FLAWLESSLY out of the box, I was not at all willing to accept that my new phone did not.
    On the lame scale.....that's a HUGE LAME.(reason to give up on their phone) I've been waking up for months with my Pre between 4:30 and 6 in the morning. I realize there's a flaw/bug in the alarm, I figured a way around it, posted it, and still not good enough for some people I guess. I also have a regular device reset at 4AM that doesn't interfere with the alarm. I also paid for an app, Timepiece to be exact, it failed me once, so I went back to the native app. I still use Timepiece as a bedside clock, I like the different colours, but that's it.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Actually, it's not a lame reason at all. It's actually one of the best reasons to throw this phone in the trash. I absolutely DEPEND on my phone to wake me up. I can't carry around an extra alarm clock when I travel.

Also, using another application is not a solution, the problem still exists with the alarm function that most users rely on - until it fails them. If have to get a new app for this, well than for what else also? I might as well get a new phone then. Where do you draw the line to stop making excuses for Palm?

Also, your "way around" is not guaranteed to work. And you will not know until it fails you. Maybe you are lucky and it won't. But it's a major pain in the *** anyway.

It's absolutely a deal breaker for me and has been the last straw that convinced me to go back to BB.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Missed physics class and was late to ochem because of this damn problem. Is there a free app or a some kind of fix that can take care of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by dstarnes View Post
    Missed physics class and was late to ochem because of this damn problem. Is there a free app or a some kind of fix that can take care of this?
    I use TimePiece from the Crapalog, never fails and you can customize the alarm sound. I don't think it's free though.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I found a solution to this issue... and a few others. Buy an Android. I LOVE WebOS and hope Palm/HP can gain some traction, but these issues are not acceptable. Good bye for now WebOS...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123