Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Its not just the pre plus. I had the same problem this morning. I'm going to switch to Timepiece it is a better app anyway than the internal alarm. Hopefully there won't be any issues with that going off (it could use the same API as the internal alarm, I'm not sure).
    Quote Originally Posted by tublecane View Post
    Its not just the pre plus. I had the same problem this morning. I'm going to switch to Timepiece it is a better app anyway than the internal alarm. Hopefully there won't be any issues with that going off (it could use the same API as the internal alarm, I'm not sure).
    In the reviews, many are stating their alarms did not go off with that application either.

I really need to have this issue solved.....
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    interesting. We have the same problem on a G1 (Android 1.6) and Moto Milestone (Android 2.0.1). My windows mobile HD2 had the same issue.

is it that hard to implement an alarm function on smartphones!?!
    Agreed, I get the same thing on my repeating timers as well.

On a side note I've been attempting to check the /var/log/messages each time it misses the alarm. It seems to always have the following...

Code:
    messages.4:2010-02-22T06:29:39.481292Z [5445] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.clock: Error: setting alarm 2 false, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/index.html:0
    messages.4:2010-02-22T06:29:39.498229Z [5445] palm-webos-device user.info powerd: POWERD-TIMEOUT: _power_timeout_clear (com.palm.app.clock,timequake2,private)
    messages.4:2010-02-22T06:29:39.524200Z [5445] palm-webos-device user.info powerd: POWERD-TIMEOUT: _power_timeout_clear (com.palm.app.clock,timequakeSnooze2,private)
    This of course was for a 06:30 AM Alarm for work.
  5.    #25  
    well after night 1 of my new replaced pre the alarm went off fine, so good news there, i will report if i have problems from here on
  6.    #26  
    well 3 days in a row and not a issue yet
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I am not trying to place blame but my alarm hasn't worked since Wed moring and I have only changed 2 things. I updated my weather dashboard app (small update for 1.4) and I installed world weather watch. I have since uninstalled both and the problem persists. I have no patches and had no issues prior to these changes.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    my sprint pre is doing this now too...dammmit..2nd Phone
    Mine goes off correctly...when it stays set. Unfortunately, every once in a while it resets all the alarms to 7am and daily and renames them to simply "Alarm"....and turns them off. Just happened again last night. Time to find a more reliable alarm.
    Same problem, the weekdays alarm clock doesn't go off randomly ones or twice per week. Palm Pre 1.4.2. Terrible.
    This is even weirder.

I have two alarms saved: Kids - weekdays, 6:30 am and General - name says it all - it's just one I use for whatever.

This morning, I had to get my son up at 2 am for a shot. It want off just fine. I used the General one for that.

At 6:30, my Kids alarm went off and I hit snooze - the snooze lasted 25 min and I woke up late!

THEN, and this is the weird part, the two named alarms renamed themselves to Alarm, 8 am, daily. Seriously.

Just the craziest thing I have ever seen on a machine of any size.

ANY thoughts would be wonderful.
    Last edited by PF Graham; 04/23/2010 at 12:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I have also had the same problem with the alarm not going off reliably. Additionally, I have found that when I go into the different alarm sounds and try to play them, they seem to be playing on the Pre, but there is no sound (even though ALL the different volume settings on the Pre are at maximum). SOmetimes the alarm works and when it does, the diff ringtones will play in alarm preferences. When the ringtones don't play in alarm preferences, the alarm doesn't go off as scheduled. What gives?
    This alarm problem is still a major issue with WebOS. How can the phone not have a reliable alarm even in 1.4.5??

What I found works: Turn alarm on/off every few days resets it and it will work reliably for a week or two.

I was thinking...what if someone could design an app that just runs a cron job to cycle all alarms off/on once a day?

Has anyone created something liek this ? preware?
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Happened to me this morning! Actually it was the second time, but the first time I just thought I turned it off while sleeping or something. But today I had my phone on the Touchstone and it didn't f&#%$ing go off!!! Of course I was late to work because of that. F you Palm. Between this and the horrible battery life, I really wish I didn't ditch my reliable BlackBerry for this Palm crap...
    have you tried TealTime?

also check your volume. Certain patches will leave the volume down. The alarm goes off but at zero volume.

once I started checking the volume before setting it on the touchstone for the night, the problem went away.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    have you tried TealTime?

also check your volume. Certain patches will leave the volume down. The alarm goes off but at zero volume.

once I started checking the volume before setting it on the touchstone for the night, the problem went away.
    No, I did not check any 3rd party apps. I expect to rely on my phone to do the most basic, build-in tasks. Searching through the forums, it's obvious that this is a bug in WebOS, that has been there for a long time and is still not fixed. This is absolutely unacceptable for me. It's crucial for me, to rely on my phone to wake my up. I can't risk missing a client meeting just because the ******* phone can't even do the most simple task properly. I'm really ****ed off about this.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Oh btw, I can't even check out TealTime, as I am in a country that does not have access to the App Catalog. So thanks there too, Palm.
    I bought the Timepiece app months ago, has a nice customizeable look to it, however the alarm failed me once and that was one time too many. I rely strictly on the native clock for my alarm, and it seems to work just fine for me. One thing I do before I go to bed, is open up the clock, go to my alarm page and just toggle one of the alarms off then on and then close the app. The little bell shows up on the dashboard and I'm all set. Not sure what the cause of this is, but doing that toggle seems to work for me. I still use Timepiece just as a night clock, I turn my main brightness all the way to 0 and then the brightness within the app down to 0 and it's not so bright.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I rely strictly on the native clock for my alarm, and it seems to work just fine for me. One thing I do before I go to bed, is open up the clock, go to my alarm page and just toggle one of the alarms off then on and then close the app. The little bell shows up on the dashboard and I'm all set. Not sure what the cause of this is, but doing that toggle seems to work for me.
    I'm sorry, but an alarm clock that requires this every night just to be "almost sure" that it will work is absolutely useless IMO...
    Hasn't failed me yet since I've been doing this and really not much different than the paid app that failed. I'm not paying for yet another clock app. I found a solution that works, take it or leave it as you will
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast