1.    #1  
    I love my pre but when I can't even open a damn card with out getting the too card error well that just ****es me offfff. I can't even play my games. Assassins creed and ganstar it won't let me play them I restart luna and restart the phone and I still can't open them only nfsu I'm so sick of it.
    Maybe we should request a patch to turn this off
    Get Jstop in Preware.
    Helps kill apps running.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I'm with you. I can't play any of my 3d games because of this, even with no cards open. I hope 1.4 fix this issue.
    How come in JsTop it shows the phone, messaging, camera, clock, calander, ect runnng and im not running it. what happens if i close them in JsTop??
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Usually restarting Luna solves the "Too Many Cards" issue with the 3D games. Try downloading Luna Manager. I no longer have this problem.
    Palm Pilot 5000 > Palm Pilot Pro> Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm 505> Samsung i500 (Palm OS)> Palm Treo 650> Plam Centro> Palm Pre!
    It's annoying to restart luna when you shouldnt have to. especially when you get that error message when you have no card open at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    How come in JsTop it shows the phone, messaging, camera, clock, calander, ect runnng and im not running it. what happens if i close them in JsTop??
    They won't open, I accidentally closed Launcher and after I did, the launcher wouldn't open.
    I felt kinda stupid after, lol.
  9.    #9  
    jstop doesn't really help with the too many cards error. You have to do a luna restart, some times I don't mind but I have to restart the phone completly sometimes too it's anoying. Plam has to fix this problem because not everyone has luna manager because they don't hack their phones or anything >:|
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    ahhhhh!!!!!!......man I have I pixi which I love and nothing makes me more mad than having too many cards open and I don't have a friggin thing out *** maybe 1.4 will address this anybody know what causes this
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    jstop doesn't really help with the too many cards error. You have to do a luna restart, some times I don't mind but I have to restart the phone completly sometimes too it's anoying. Plam has to fix this problem because not everyone has luna manager because they don't hack their phones or anything >:|
    This might sound like some silly joke but this does work for me.I always just open the "easy button" app, hit it and close it,not running any other apps and this lets me launch my 3-D games about 95% of the time. One to two weeks I'll have to restart my PRE. My PRE is stock so a patched one may have different results. Palm has to find that leak though, it has to be from a live app, web browser or maybe even email.I hope this works for some poor soul other than just me.

p.s. The easy button was in the app scoop catalog and has now vanished?

Just went to try assassins demo and had to restart...lol, also brothers in arms didn't launch but nfsu,asphalt and xp-heli did.....not so easy eh, just hope 1.4 fixes it.
    Last edited by bdog421; 02/20/2010 at 03:46 AM.
    i think its all the 1.4 updates that are doing it for me. over the last week its gotten worse with each app update i noticed. me thinks there in lies the issue. 1.4 will prolly make everything get back on its feet
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    Actually, JSTop can help with the too many cards issue. When I try to run Assassin's Creed, I will occasionally get a too many cards error message even when I don't have any other cards open. The first thing I do is run JSTop and see what's running. To answer Cinnabarcorp's question, all the things that you see listed in JSTop are apps that are running in the background. You need things like messaging, calendar, phone, etc to be running in the background in order to be able to receive phone calls, text messages, emails, etc. Also, the Systemuis are doing something too, and while I'm not sure exactly what, I know that if you kill the one with 1007 (I think) as a PID, it will reboot your Pre. Basically, what I do is sort by memory usage and then start looking for things to kill. I leave the launcher, the clock, and all the systemuis alone, as well as email, messaging, and calendar, because I want to be able to get my notifications even while playing a game. I usually have 2 or 3 phone apps running for some reason, and I pick one to leave alone and then kill the extra ones. I'll also kill the camera, browser, and contacts. When you do this, it doesn't keep you from running those apps, it just makes them not load as quickly. Oh, I also kill Brightness Unlinked from here at this time too. I've had some wonky side effects when running BU at the same time as a 3D game anyway. After I've killed all the apps I feel are unnecessary, then I'll run Garbage Collect JavaScript Heap in the app menu.

After doing all that, my resource monitor is usually somewhere in the 16-18MB range. After closing JSTop, I usually have no problems running any of my 3D games like Assassin's Creed. It may sound like a lot of work, but honestly, it's a matter of 30 seconds to run the app, kill 4-5 processes, run the garbage collection and close up. Much faster and much less frustrating than a luna reboot! I will say that if you can't get your resource monitor under 18-19MB, you will probably still get the too many cards open. If that's the case, then you may seriously want to look at what the heck you have running in the background regularly.
    Another tip is to use Reboot Scheduler to reboot your Phone at night when you are not using it so that the next day you'll be able to run any game right away, no problem. I know it won't solve the problem 100% but it's a start, so to speak.