Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    HOW do you add the scrims on your contact & emails
  2. cfbauer's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    #2  
    Add a scrim with a patch. You can install the patches with WebOS Quick Install or Preware.
  3.    #3  
    I have the scrims patch on my phone for contacts and emails but I dont know how to change the colors I have added the colors I want to use to my wall paper but dont see the option to change the wall paper for the contacts or emails can you help
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLOMONKRUZE View Post
    I have the scrims patch on my phone for contacts and emails but I dont know how to change the colors I have added the colors I want to use to my wall paper but dont see the option to change the wall paper for the contacts or emails can you help
    for the messagin scrim .. Put the picture you want in the wallpaper folder 320x480 with the name messaging-scrim.png remember the file have to be png no jpg.

    and for email the same and rename it email-scrim.png
  5.    #5  
    I have the scrims for contacts and emails patch loaded on my phone through preware, I have the colors loaded using scrim png my issue is how to change it when I get to the application, it wont let me change it in preferences so how do I do it ?? now I have a theme on my phone but that shouldnt have anything to do with me changing the color on my contact & email , can you help ????????????/
  6. #6  
    There is a HUGE thread explaining how to add scrims along with backgrounds you can download. If you need more... just perform a Search for "scrim".
  7. Econdor's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #7  
    connect ur pre to a pc via usb and add a folder to the pre in /media/internal (when you connect via usb you should get this directory when you view the folder)... create the new folder there...you should see folders like dcim, downloads, music, etc... Name the folder scrims - then rename the pics you wanna use contacts-scrim and email-scrim - be sure to save a .png files. Copy those files to the new scrims folder, disconnect usb, annd restart your pre. Done.

    one suggestion...if you use internalz which you should if you don't already, you can place a few other scrim-named pics in a different folder (like photo) so you can switch em up at will

    hope this helps
  8. #8  
    You cant change the colors from the app!

    The only way is to change the pic in the wallpapers folder.

    Like econdor said you can store different scrims on the usb drive and change them at will using Internalz but thats the only on the fly way to do it!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  9. #9  
    Well, the scrims actually like the apps look uglier, so you might want to pass on them. I tried them yesterday and they look disgusting.
  10.    #10  
    First I want to thankyou all for your attempt to help me but obviously I didnt do a good job explaning what I need, I want to know how to change the colors, example if I wanted to change the wall paper on my phone I would go into screen and lock and go to wall paper tap it , it then would take me to my photos where I could choose from photos downloads wall papers etc, then I would choose one save as wall paper and its done , ok now I want to do the same thing with my scrims for contacs and emails, I dont have the same option or am not using it correctly to change the colors in my contacts and emails can you tell me how ?? I already have my scrims set up correctly they are labled correctly and there in my wall paper but I want to know how to get to the option to change it ??????????
  11.    #11  
    JASON, 2sslow,econdor,Sisgo, everyone thanks but I still need help I appreciate your time, if I didnt mention you forgive me I appreciate everyone time
    Last edited by SOLOMONKRUZE; 02/20/2010 at 07:38 AM.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLOMONKRUZE View Post
    First I want to thankyou all for your attempt to help me but obviously I didnt do a good job explaning what I need, I want to know how to change the colors, example if I wanted to change the wall paper on my phone I would go into screen and lock and go to wall paper tap it , it then would take me to my photos where I could choose from photos downloads wall papers etc, then I would choose one save as wall paper and its done , ok now I want to do the same thing with my scrims for contacs and emails, I dont have the same option or am not using it correctly to change the colors in my contacts and emails can you tell me how ?? I already have my scrims set up correctly they are labled correctly and there in my wall paper but I want to know how to get to the option to change it ??????????
    we understand what you trying to do , but is not possible change the scrim color from your phone, you need to go to the usb drive and change the scrim color!
    JUST IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO IT FROM YOUR PHONE!
  13. Econdor's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Well, the scrims actually like the apps look uglier, so you might want to pass on them. I tried them yesterday and they look disgusting.
    what do you mean when you say "they look disgusting?" -- "they" (the scrims) can be whatever image you want them to be -- yes, it won't look too good if you try using a 'busy' image, or one that doesn't contrast with the font... personally, i use all of the scrim patches with images that are dark and solid or close-to-solid and imo they look great..i was switching themes semi-regularly and now i don't use a theme, i just switch up the scrim colors from time-to-time...i can post a few screenshots of my email or contacts pages if u'd like

    one last thing, i'm clueless when it comes to any of the technical stuff involving patches, apps, themes, etc... but i've learned a lot from the precentral community...and i do know that there are a lot of people that spend a lot of uncompensated time developing features for everyone to use and enjoy...so to come across negative is not necessary, especially when the patch creator 2sslow posted the reply before yours - imo, i find it kinda insulting....

    For the record, 2sslow...i think your patches, and contributions in general are the 'shiznit' and appreciate all the time and effort put into webOS (same goes to the likes of jason robataille, milominderbinder, fritos, rwhitby, et al....) so, thank u
  14. Econdor's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    we understand what you trying to do , but is not possible change the scrim color from your phone, you need to go to the usb drive and change the scrim color!
    JUST IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO IT FROM YOUR PHONE!
    +1

    --Remember that you can use Internalz to do what you wanna do on your device....might take you an extra few seconds but definitely not hard to do

Posting Permissions