Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The hold the button while touching the screen is ok but is not always accurate.
    Sometimes getting to the top of a wordy memo/email/forum post is a choir. Also the screen isn't big enough for the current way of moving the cursor. My hands are somewhat big. A half a swipe and I'm off the screen but the cursor is only on the 2nd word. Hopefully pre 2.0 will have a wider screen/keyboard and a trackball.
    nope palm is moving away from front plate buttons
    Meh, I'm doing just fine without a trackball.
    No trackball. Trackballs suck.

Just need arrow keys on the keyboard.
    those suck even worse id rather have a trackball than those
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    nope palm is moving away from front plate buttons
    They could probably integrate an optical trackpad and hide it pretty well on the front plate. I'm actually of the opinion that I'd like a 4 way track button or ball, or optical pad as well.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I prefer a touch screen to a trackball -- which is one of the many reasons I bought a Palm Pre.

There are lots of smart phones with track ball interfaces if that is what you really want.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    trackballs are for blackberrys we here are pre's ..... # FAIL
    Not sure about a trackball, but I wouldn't mind an arrow key. I use the universal launcher a lot and sometimes my contacts have more than one number, an arrow key to go down instead having to click the right one would be nice. I type one handed a lot and my hands are small, so it's a bit of a stretch for me. Sliding the phone up and down constantly gets a little silly at times.
    no trackball. Just want a tab function.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I strongly disagree with you about needing a trackball.
  12.    #12  
    Navigating through webos isn't as polished as it needs to be. I still accidentally click links when scrolling. Worse yet some touches aren't responsive like the music app or memos. I really like the multi mod patch which allows scrolling in the browser via space bar, ".", and back button. However I forget it doesn't work in other programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Navigating through webos isn't as polished as it needs to be. I still accidentally click links when scrolling. Worse yet some touches aren't responsive like the music app or memos. I really like the multi mod patch which allows scrolling in the browser via space bar, ".", and back button. However I forget it doesn't work in other programs.
    Had no idea the multi-mod patch did that. I'll have to check it out as I find I do like holding the Pre more with the keyboard out because it curves into my hand better.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    I prefer a touch screen to a trackball -- which is one of the many reasons I bought a Palm Pre.

There are lots of smart phones with track ball interfaces if that is what you really want.
    Your missing the point. Those other phones iphone/nexus have a large screen which is suited for your finger. The palm pre tried to be a mix between touch and keyboard. It isn't successful because the screen is to small. Even the mobile formatted precentral site I'm clicking forum links via my thumbnail. I could always resize but it's a hassle to do that for every page. The old palm devices got it right with the touch/keyboard combo because you had a Dpad and a stylus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    The hold the button while touching the screen is ok but is not always accurate.
    Sometimes getting to the top of a wordy memo/email/forum post is a choir. Also the screen isn't big enough for the current way of moving the cursor. My hands are somewhat big. A hal*f a swipe and I'm off the screen but the cursor is only on the 2nd word. Hopefully pre 2.0 will have a wider screen/keyboard and a trackball.
    I agree completly! Actually a 5 way d-pad would be more to my liking. I waste way to much time attempting to move the cursor around. Had to pull out the old Centro last night so that I could edit an Excel file on the fly (nice option) and I was shocked at how much more quicklu I could navigate. Just typing this dumb post was a bit of a chore. This concludes my fourth week with the Pre. Although I love the phone, I will ways miss a few features from the Treo form factor.

I could make do with a trackball.
    hmmmm hmmm it responses all the time and its accurate. hmmm not sure what the issue with ur pre.
    And proofing that post on the Pre was impossible.
    Nooooooooooooo
    Wow! Majorly old post resurrection! LOL
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Holy zombie threads Batman!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast