Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Anyone else had this problem?
    When I make or receive calls my Pre's screen goes black and stays like that till I pull the battery.
    The phone stays on, but obviously I can't do much as I can't see the screen.

I doctored the phone but still no joy. I guess I'm gonna have to bring it back to O2?
    I've had the phone since the first weekend of release, there's not a scratch on her, and this is the first problem I've had. Just started this morning.

To say I'm sad is an understatement, I have come to rely on this phone so much and need it for work.

When I do bring it back does anyone know if O2(Ireland) are required to give me the same phone on loan until my handset is repaired/replaced?
    sounds like the proximity sensor might be defective got to interactive tests in the drop down menu in device info and test touch sensors
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Ran those tests and everything seems hunky dory.

Tried a few calls and the screen has stayed on... strange as it was acting up all day. I'll keep an eye on it for a few days. Thanks for the help 063_xobx, never knew those tests were there.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Do you have any screen protection or seething like that?

Last time I seen a Pre with problem like that, was when it had factory shipping protection on the screen.

But if it worked fine, it could be a problem with HW..