1.    #1  
    I signed a new 2-year contract through Radioshack when I got my Palm pre in December. It's February now, 2 months later, and when I check online it says that I'm eligible for $150 savings in an upgrade.

Is this an error? Or maybe my account hasn't been updated yet?
    Did you have a different plan before?

What happened to me is that I switched from a SERO plan to everything, so it basically was like I was a new customer and I got the hardware discount that way. Now I have the upgrade discount still in my account. Though somehow I got it without a contract, I don't think that was normal, but if you switch plans instead of just renew then I think you don't use the upgrade credit.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    Did you have a different plan before?

What happened to me is that I switched from a SERO plan to everything, so it basically was like I was a new customer and I got the hardware discount that way. Now I have the upgrade discount still in my account. Though somehow I got it without a contract, I don't think that was normal, but if you switch plans instead of just renew then I think you don't use the upgrade credit.
    Yes. I switched from SERO to everything too. Have you tried to get another phone? I'm tempted.
    Quote Originally Posted by ho0lee0h View Post
    Is this an error? Or maybe my account hasn't been updated yet?
    Well, go to sprint.com and check it out. It will show what your device is and what your renewal date is. Even if it is at $150 and you could use it, why would you? You just got a new phone ... unless you hate it and want to get a different one and we would have to endure yet another "Goodbye Sprint Pre" thread ;-).
    I'm going to use the credit if an upgraded WebOS phone gets released.

If CDMA allowed to easily swap phones back and forth like a sim card would I would get a pixi, but right now I am happy so I haven't tried to use the credit.

The phone upgrade lists the credit in the final price, so I don't see why it wouldn't give you it. Its not a rebate so it comes right off the price.