Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I have this problem with my Palm Pre, where sometimes if I am holding the phone up to my ear, something will happen and it will put the person I'm talking to on hold, call them again, which usually goes to there voice mail and then join me and the original call on a conference call with the voice mail. This has happened numerous times, and its really frustrating. I don't know if I am accidentally tapping a button with my ear or whats happening. I could use some help, is this a known issue, or has anyone else had this happen? Is there a fix? Im to the point where if I want to ensure that this won't happen I have to put it on speaker and hold the phone in front of me. Please help, thanks

Fej180
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    bump. please help
    If it is only happening sometimes it is hard to tell. You can test your proximity sensor

1. Launch device info
    2. Select menu
    3. Go to interactive tests
    4. Choose Screen
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I just started having this issue and requested warranty repl. Interactive test shows proximity sensor not working (not because of the headphone jack issue either). I'm bummed b/c this is my original june09 pre and I don't want to worry about problematic refurbs as I've read about on the forums.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ... my problem with the proximity sensor is intermittent. If I do a hard shutdown reset, it will work again, but it will eventually stop working at some point. This has been going on for a week or so. I do have preware and patches on the phone (not the power button one.) Could there be any homebrew software or patches that could be causing this behavior? I'm wondering if I should still send it in for a warranty replacement or hold off, or Doctor first?