Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    For the past few days my Pre hasn't been acting right. At first it was very sluggish, but then it seemed to recover. My phone was perfectly fine until it died later that night and the whole time I've been trying to get it to come back on it's been slow, unresponsive, and ultimately resulting in not fully activating. I've removed the battery many times, but the worst part is that I left my phone on the charger OVER NIGHT and this morning my phone was still on the boot screen. Eventually my phone came on this morning BUT it was still very slow and stating 'too many cards' when I had none open. Man, I just want a fix.
    Listen, I have the potential to utilize those white and black keys to captivate you. My fingers create the
    melodic aura and the harmonic flow, yet, that critical lyrical rhythm is metaphysical!
    I HAVE THE MUSIC IN ME!
    -Blutuu
    do you have preware? If so run emergency patch recovery then....

best thing i can recommend is to plug in your phone to your pc and run webOSDoctor 1.3.5.1 this will erase everything on your pre and reset it back to stock settings. it should run nice after that.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Like the new promos from Dr. Pepper.. just run the doctor.. that should fix it.. can you plug it into your computer and access your folders?? if so i suggest backing it up first.. or run a partial erase from the device info systems tool... that will do a partial erase.. you could have picked up a virus.. granted they are harder to get on the pre.. but it can still mess things up..
    ^ recommend running emergency patch recovery before a partial erase if you have preware w/ patches because when it comes back on and you reinstall preware it will not be able to see your old patches and when you go to download packages you will get a ipkg error because it can't see old patches installed.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    My phone will not respond at all. I have preware but I can't open anything up because it says memory critical. I plugged it into my computer but it doesn't even respond even though my computer knows something has been plugged in.
    Listen, I have the potential to utilize those white and black keys to captivate you. My fingers create the
    melodic aura and the harmonic flow, yet, that critical lyrical rhythm is metaphysical!
    I HAVE THE MUSIC IN ME!
    -Blutuu
    I think if you turn it off and hold i think the power button and the up volume key and it goes straight to USB which will allow you to run wedOS doctor

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Im gonna have to try that. I want to get into usb mode so I can remove something. I honestly believe the cause of this is from an image I manally placed in the wallpapers folder. Something like this has happened when I did this once before. hm...
    I HAVE THE MUSIC IN ME!
    -Blutuu
    straight from palm website:

To put your phone in recovery mode:

1.Connect the USB cable to the AC charger, and plug the AC charger into a working outlet.
    2.If you can, turn off your phone. See Restarting and resetting your phone .
    3.Remove and reinsert the battery. See Replacing the battery on a Pre phone or Replacing the battery on a Pixi phone.
    4.Press and hold the volume up button and connect the USB cable to the phone.
    5.Release the volume up button when the screen showing the large USB icon appears.
    6.Connect your phone to your computer. The Next button becomes available.
    7.Click Next to continue with webOS Doctor.

do you have mytether installed on your pre?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    do you have mytether installed on your pre?
    no i dont
    I HAVE THE MUSIC IN ME!
    -Blutuu
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    straight from palm website:

To put your phone in recovery mode:

1.Connect the USB cable to the AC charger, and plug the AC charger into a working outlet.
    2.If you can, turn off your phone. See Restarting and resetting your phone .
    3.Remove and reinsert the battery. See Replacing the battery on a Pre phone or Replacing the battery on a Pixi phone.
    4.Press and hold the volume up button and connect the USB cable to the phone.
    5.Release the volume up button when the screen showing the large USB icon appears.
    6.Connect your phone to your computer. The Next button becomes available.
    7.Click Next to continue with webOS Doctor.
    ^ the next button they are reffering to is if you already have webOS Doctor launched on your computer it should allow you to click next on the WebOS Doctor

did you try the steps above?

also delete the webOS Doctor you have on your computer now and redownload this one:

1.3.5.1 WebOS Doctor:

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I really don't want to doctor my phone. If I do, I want to at least get my pictures off of it.
    I HAVE THE MUSIC IN ME!
    -Blutuu
    i'm sure once its on usb mode you can access if from the computer.

Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blutuu View Post
    I really don't want to doctor my phone. If I do, I want to at least get my pictures off of it.
    doctoring your phone doesn't delete ur pics, apps, and memos anymore.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    doctoring your phone doesn't delete ur pics, apps, and memos anymore.
    It doesn't? You're not messin with me are you? Cuz I am really about to jump on it if my stuff is protected.
    I HAVE THE MUSIC IN ME!
    -Blutuu
    i think that person is correct, i webdoctored my phone to 1.3.5.1 and i could have sworn that my pictures came back.. i'm almost positive but i thought maybe it was a fluke.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    well I'm doctoring right now. It was my last resort so let's see what happens. Thanks for all of your support.
    I HAVE THE MUSIC IN ME!
    -Blutuu
    leme know if after you doctored your pre if everything worked out well and if it saved your pictures

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I actually have a problem. I just finished doctoring my pre, but it's still acting the same as before. Slow and nonresponsive and giving the 'too many cards error' still. It also takes forever to boot up.
    I HAVE THE MUSIC IN ME!
    -Blutuu
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast