1.    #1  
    Good, I wanted to know if there is any program or something to play video files. Avi in pre palm. Thank you very much.

A greeting.
    Get Handbrake for your computer, and convert the AVI to MPEG-4 or another supported format. Use the iPod Touch/iPhone preset.
    Welcome to PreCentral

To answer your question - no. The following are the formats/containers supported by WebOS currently.

Media formats supported
    Audio formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV
    Video formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264

You can easily use a free program like Handbrake to convert videos for your Pre. I use it to rip movies for my commutes and it works great!
    dvdvideosoft.com...
    all free applications and outputs mp4 at iphone resolutuon (as you know is pre screen size.) it should look good for pixi as well.
  5.    #5  
    OK, thanks !!!
    I know Zsoc's been working at adding Xvid avi support, but it's a ways off at the moment
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    It would be nice.....I have a bunch of movies I ripped down to a small size (300mb give or take) to watch on my Treo. Not a huge deal for me to convert the original to another format, it's just tedious.
  8.    #8  
    I have converted the. Avi to. M4v HandBrake with the program, but once you pass the file to the palm, I can not see them (not shown on any site). I have to copy them to a specific folder or do something else?

Thank you.
    I use Badaboom with the iPhone-Settings to convert Vids for my Pre. It uses graphics hardware acceleration, so it is vrey fast.
    The free Real Player also includes a converter. Just make sure you convert using the iPhone format and not the 3GP format. I've had horrible luck with the 3 GP.