Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Hello,

Just got a new phone (dropped my original) and I have a lot of text (SMS) messages that I would like to backup and put on my new phone.

I have 9 days and counting to send my old phone back...can anyone help?

I have everything else backed up, just need my SMS messages.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by tfracs33 View Post
    Hello,

Just got a new phone (dropped my original) and I have a lot of text (SMS) messages that I would like to backup and put on my new phone.

I have 9 days and counting to send my old phone back...can anyone help?

I have everything else backed up, just need my SMS messages.

Thanks in advance.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ght=backup+sms
    just open up webos quick install and with your pre connected click on tools>receive file

in the text box given /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    select your destination folder and click get file.

put back into new device open up webos quick install and with your pre connected click on tools>send file

in the text box given /var/luna/data/dbdata/

select where your backed up vers is and click send file

Cautionary Note: I feel it neccessary to point out that some users have reported weird effects of restoring this file between (A) Different devices... ie you switched to another pre. or (B) using a Backup from a WebOS Device That is not the same Version of software on your current Device.
    You Have Been Warned!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    just open up webos quick install and with your pre connected click on tools>receive file

in the text box given /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    select your destination folder and click get file.

put back into new device open up webos quick install and with your pre connected click on tools>send file

in the text box given /var/luna/data/dbdata/

select where your backed up vers is and click send file

Cautionary Note: I feel it neccessary to point out that some users have reported weird effects of restoring this file between (A) Different devices... ie you switched to another pre. or (B) using a Backup from a WebOS Device That is not the same Version of software on your current Device.
    You Have Been Warned!!!
    Is this instruction for Messaging only, or is this a backup of the phone in it's entirety, which I doubt. If it is only Messaging, is there any other command that works for the Phone's Entire File set?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    There are no instructions for messaging ONLY.

This is for the entire phone
    its all or nothing
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Is there any other way to get to that Database file to transfer between phones? Mine has a cracked screen and I can't root it...