Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1.    #81  
    Holy ******, I finally did it! Man, I need a drink now, I think...so, do I live up to my screen name, or what? Thanks everyone, for ALL the help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by skatterbrane View Post
    Holy ******, I finally did it! Man, I need a drink now, I think...so, do I live up to my screen name, or what? Thanks everyone, for ALL the help!!

Try out the patches from preware, you will see how your phone starts to come alive!!!
    Congrats
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    Congrats!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  4.    #84  
    Ok, apparently, I missed checking the 'preware' box when installing and now I can't get Novacom to run at all. When I click the blue arrow, it keeps prompting me to connect my phone. I have tried connecting in just charge mode and USB mode - it won't see that it's there...
    Ok, apparently, I missed checking the 'preware' box when installing and now I can't get Novacom to run at all. When I click the blue arrow, it keeps prompting me to connect my phone. I have tried connecting in just charge mode and USB mode - it won't see that it's there...
    make sure you have your phone in developer mode.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  6.    #86  
    sorry, forgot that I had to type the 'upupdowndown...' again to turn on the developer mode...<eye roll>
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Glad to see you got it working!

I am brand new to the Pre coming from a BlackBerry myself. I found getting Preware up and running without to much difficulty! I believe someone else mentioned it but, there is actually a dev mode app you can download and just hit that. The first 3 times entering the code was cool but it does become tedious.

I'm enjoying this phone alot.
  8.    #88  
    I'm enjoying mine as well and I have to admit, that price tag was a little hard to swallow...until I got familiar with it and started with the homebrew apps. Now I don't regret it at all - worth every penny imho.
  9.    #89  
    Ok, I've upgraded to the Evo (only because my Pre couldn't make or receive calls at my office unless I went outside the building), so I have given my Pre to my teenager. In order to transfer the phone to her number, we had to restore the factory settings, thus losing all of my hard work. When I went to reinstall the Preware, I came across a little problem. According to step 9, I'm supposed to select 'Package Manager Server' and 'Preware' from the WebOS Internals Feed (all) list. These 2 items are no longer on this list. Should I choose a different list or are those items called something else now?
  10.    #90  
    awesome - thanks so much for the quick reply!
  11.    #91  
    question on my pre: recently gave the phone to my daughter, we had to do a restore to factory settings and now I've hacked the phone again. Trying to install the sms tone per contact for her (that I previously had on the phone) and I keep getting an error, basically saying that its on the phone, or partially on the phone, I guess and I can't install it. Any help out there?
  12.    #92  
    I've also got a problem getting rid of a theme I had installed before we restored it to factory settings. Parts of it are still there and I can't even find it on the preware list to reinstall it so I can uninstall it. We've tried just dowloading a new theme, but it won't take. Help!
    Ok, you MIGHT have to WebOSDoctor the phone, but even then here are some steps to make it as painless as possible if you have already spent the last 4 hours modding the and patching the phone.

First, try the WebOSRepairUtility here: http://www.precentral.net/webos-repa...ew-best-friend and run it to see if it will fix any errors on the phone.

If you still cant install the patch then you will have to run the Emergency Patch Removal tool. BUT BEFORE YOU DO THIS go to Preware and in the top menu for preware (the one that slides down in the top left by clicking the "Preware" at the very top left of the app) there is a button that says "Saved Package List" Click update first in Saved Package List. This way when you go to remove all the patches, you can go back here and reinstall all the patches you had installed all at once, rather than one by one.

EPR is located in WebOsQuickInstall under "Tools>Tweaks". Its at the bottom left of the Tweaks page. Run this and it will remove all the patches from your phone, even the ones that arent working and half installed.

If STILL you are having issues, as a last resort you will have to Doctor the phone. BUT, before you do, you can install an app in the Preware catalog called "Save/Restore"

Basically this app will save all your settings and homebrew apps to the Pre's internal memory, and thus when you doctor your phone, you only have to reinstall Preware and Save/Restore (and Unzip and Zip in Preware) and click "Restore" and it will automatically restore all of your apps to their settings before you Doctored.

The one app it will restore too is Preware, and it will restore its "Saved Package List". So even after doctoring you can go back to the Saved Package List in Preware and reinstall all your patches, themes and homebrew apps with a single click!

Hope that simplifies things for you
    Ok, I've upgraded to the Evo (only because my Pre couldn't make or receive calls at my office unless I went outside the building), so I have given my Pre to my teenager. In order to transfer the phone to her number, we had to restore the factory settings, thus losing all of my hard work. When I went to reinstall the Preware, I came across a little problem. According to step 9, I'm supposed to select 'Package Manager Server' and 'Preware' from the WebOS Internals Feed (all) list. These 2 items are no longer on this list. Should I choose a different list or are those items called something else now?
    You are referring to obsolete instructions. Should always go to webOS Internals' Wiki page for the latest.

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345