Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    ok, wait - I rebooted the device and now I'm to the point where I download the WebOS Quick Install and then Java. Once my phone rebooted, the Regional Settings screen came up with English checked. Okaaaay....now how do I download WebOS Quick Install?
    search for the quickinstall thread theres a link there
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    search for the quickinstall thread theres a link there
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-02-a.html
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  4.    #64  
    ok, so I hook my phone up in USB drive, sync mode, what? lol - when I said I needed a 'step-by-step' process, I really meant 'step-by-step.' I'm tellin' ya, I'm an ***** when it comes to stuff like this...
    no not sync mode select just charge
  6.    #66  
    ok, but 'how' do I get this on my phone? I clicked the link, downloaded the file onto my computer and bitzipper opened with all these files in it...
    Quote Originally Posted by skatterbrane View Post
    ok, so I hook my phone up in USB drive, sync mode, what? lol - when I said I needed a 'step-by-step' process, I really meant 'step-by-step.' I'm tellin' ya, I'm an ***** when it comes to stuff like this...
    Ok:
    1. download and install java from here: java.com: Java + You
    2. Start Quick install and download WebOS doctor, it will prompt you to do so. Choose your service provider to get the right version of WebOS doctor.
    3. When that download finishes, click on tools -> options -> Attempt Novacom Installation
    4. Plug your phone into the USB port on your computer
    5. select just charge on your Pre
    6. click the "blue down arrow" on the right of Quick Install
    7. Select WebOS Internal Feed (All) from the list of feeds at the top of the new window that opens.
    8. Check Package Service Manager and Preware and click download, and close that window when the downloads are finished.
    9. Click the Install button on the main Quick Install screen
    10. Unplug your phone, and type the magic words again: webos20090606
    11. turn developer mode off and restart your Pre
    12. When your Pre restarts, open up your app launcher page on your Pre and Choose Preware
    13. Have fun!
    Last edited by Complex Pants; 03/07/2010 at 10:39 PM.

just cant make a clearer step by step than that
    I am double checking my steps now. Rebooting my phone to developer mode. I actually just ran through this with my friend today. He has had the pre since day one and is just starting to do homebrew.

webOSQI does not install on your phone, it is a tool used to install patches/tweaks/apps onto your phone.
    perhaps add installing those 2 files necessary for tweaking/patching it seems to go faster through QI then preware
  12.    #72  
    ok downloaded the Java, it's prompting me to restart my computer to complete installation, which I will do. One question, first (and I'm not promising it'll be my last), "Start Quick Install"? how do I do that? Jeez, I feel like a complete ***** and am so sorry for asking all these dumb questions, but all I know how to do really is surf the web and check email, literally.
    the same way you open anything else on your pc click on it then follow the steps complex pants gave you they are very thorough
    ok downloaded the Java, it's prompting me to restart my computer to complete installation, which I will do. One question, first (and I'm not promising it'll be my last), "Start Quick Install"? how do I do that? Jeez, I feel like a complete ***** and am so sorry for asking all these dumb questions, but all I know how to do really is surf the web and check email, literally.
    just double click on the file you downloaded

It is an executable Java file. Once you install the latest version of Java it will run perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    perhaps add installing those 2 files necessary for tweaking/patching it seems to go faster through QI then preware
    I find doing those when you install your first patch is easier since Preware will just remind you. I try to minimize my time in developer mode

16.    #76  
    ok, I'm on the step where I click tools/options/attempt Novacom installation. Yes, I downloaded the WebOS Doctor and I'm assuming it's withing that program that I do this, but I can't find 'the doctor' on my computer. I've checked my recently downloaded program files, my desktop - nowhere to be found...
    Sorry I'm getting involved but just in case the other guys are at sleep the answer is no.

That step is not taken on the webos doctor, you have to take that step on the WEBOS quick install
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    ok, I'm on the step where I click tools/options/attempt Novacom installation. Yes, I downloaded the WebOS Doctor and I'm assuming it's withing that program that I do this, but I can't find 'the doctor' on my computer. I've checked my recently downloaded program files, my desktop - nowhere to be found...
    WebOS doctor is a separate file. It is called "webosdoctor.jar"

It should be in the same directory as the webos quick install file. I am sure if you do a file search on your computer you will find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    WebOS doctor is a separate file. It is called "webosdoctor.jar"

It should be in the same directory as the webos quick install file. I am sure if you do a file search on your computer you will find it.
    Just not to get the op more confused, correct me if I am wrong but that step:

click tools/options/attempt Novacom installation

is to be performed on the Webos Quick install right?
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    Quote Originally Posted by zx600 View Post
    Just not to get the op more confused, correct me if I am wrong but that step:

click tools/options/attempt Novacom installation

is to be performed on the Webos Quick install right?
    Yes.

WebOS Doctor is a separate file that is required for WebOS Quick Install to function properly. You should not be using this file at all. webosdoctor.jar is reserved for emergency fixes to your phone, unless you know what you are doing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast