Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I have seen a lot of ads for Palm inside the NYC train stations...Seen a lot as well on buses and Public phone booth.
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    considering the Verizon name or logo is no where to be seen - not even on the phone itself - I'd say Palm is doing this solo...

Very sad indeed... Verizon really is putting all their efforts towards Android... oh... sorry... "bare knuckled bucket of does"

You know I do have to say, that although I'm happy to see Palm doing good adverts, I think there should be a focus shift. For us Pre users, these ads make sense, because we get the cards flipping and minimizing, but for users who never saw the device, I can only imagine them looking at the screen and saying "why is the calendar so small, I'll never be able to read that in my hand". Not trying to nit-pick, I really do like the adverts. I'm just wondering what ideas could be brought to the table to help Palm share the multi-tasking card feature in a picture. Of course, this is easier in video format....
    No, you're absolutely right. Last year when I was still researching what kind of smartphone I wanted to get, I dismissed the Pre out of hand because of stuff like that. I would see a still shot like the ones in these ads and see the small cards that turned out to be minimized apps, but that didn't translate to me at all-- to me they just looked like mini-screens or lite-applications or something. Whatever it was, the message wasn't getting through. Same with the rounded corners when an app is zoomed in, at a glance I thought the screen of the phone had rounded corners! This was just me, not paying any real attention at all, clicking past screenshots while browsing engadget or giz or something, completely paying no mind to Palm's webOS phones. A potential customer completely dismissing a great phone because of something as simple as a still shot of the phone in action.

But for whatever reason, earlier this year, I decided to watch a few youtube videos on the Pre just to make sure I wasn't missing out on something, and dammmmmmn I was blown away. So in the end things worked out for the best, but that's because I'm a geek who reads tech blogs and researches the hell out of future purchases. But what about the 90% of people who don't?
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    I have seen a lot of ads for Palm inside the NYC train stations...Seen a lot as well on buses and Public phone booth.
    That's good to see.
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    No, you're absolutely right. Last year when I was still researching what kind of smartphone I wanted to get, I dismissed the Pre out of hand because of stuff like that. I would see a still shot like the ones in these ads and see the small cards that turned out to be minimized apps, but that didn't translate to me at all-- to me they just looked like mini-screens or lite-applications or something. Whatever it was, the message wasn't getting through. Same with the rounded corners when an app is zoomed in, at a glance I thought the screen of the phone had rounded corners! This was just me, not paying any real attention at all, clicking past screenshots while browsing engadget or giz or something, completely paying no mind to Palm's webOS phones. A potential customer completely dismissing a great phone because of something as simple as a still shot of the phone in action.

But for whatever reason, earlier this year, I decided to watch a few youtube videos on the Pre just to make sure I wasn't missing out on something, and dammmmmmn I was blown away. So in the end things worked out for the best, but that's because I'm a geek who reads tech blogs and researches the hell out of future purchases. But what about the 90% of people who don't?
    Yea, people just need to try the phone first.
    I think I saw an ad in San Francisco just off the Bay Bridge. Im pretty sure I saw an even bigger one for Ipod Touch behind it.
  6.    #106  
    Has anyone else seen any ads?
    Palm just posted their new TV ad on Facebook, it is going to air during March Madness.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    wow... I'm impressed Palm! That commercial actually made sense and looked good!

Just a comment: would've been nice to see her swipe the email away and then open the text app and replied, so people know what it was she was doing (again, Palm users get this, but do non-users?)

UPDATE: That must be the sprint version they're using since GPS is working.... :P
    Was in DC this weekend and I think I creamed my pants when I realized I was surrounded by 100+ Palm ads at the Metro Center station.

Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    Was in DC this weekend and I think I creamed my pants when I realized I was surrounded by 100+ Palm ads at the Metro Center station.
    Don't know what to be more surprised at, the fact that Palm slaughtered the subway with ads (very cool indeed!) or the fact that the Metro in DC was empty!
    Very nice. I pass by the ads in Metro Center in D.C. every day on the way to work. I took some shots with my phone, but since they keep it so dark in there, and I'm always in a rush this is the only one that came out looking decent.

I recently took a trip up north on I-95, and saw multiple Palm billboards in Delaware and Philadelphia. The other shot is on a building in downtown Philly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post

Wow, yay thanks everyone for posting the photo's, does anyone else have any more?
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    Don't know what to be more surprised at, the fact that Palm slaughtered the subway with ads (very cool indeed!) or the fact that the Metro in DC was empty!
    Metro in DC will be empty by midnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Metro in DC will be empty by midnight.
    Are the ads scaring people out of DC? If so, lets put some ads up in the capitol building so congress will run home and stop wasting our money... -grin-
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Are the ads scaring people out of DC? If so, lets put some ads up in the capitol building so congress will run home and stop wasting our money... -grin-
    Haha
  16.    #116  
    Has any one else seen any Palm ads (print, radio, tv, internet etc)
    I saw some more of the Metro ads in D.C. today. Specifically in L'Enfant Plaza and Gallery Place/Chinatown stations. Pretty much every ad surface was covered in Palm ads.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    The Harvard T (subway) stop in Cambridge, MA is wall to wall covered in Palm ads.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by enormous View Post
    I saw some more of the Metro ads in D.C. today. Specifically in L'Enfant Plaza and Gallery Place/Chinatown stations. Pretty much every ad surface was covered in Palm ads.
    That's good to hear Has anyone else seen any?
  20.    #120  
    Bump
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast