Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I've been seeing a lot of Pre and Pixi ads by Palm in my subway as well recently, I live in Boston, MA. Palm is finally stepping their game up. Lets go Palm!!
  2.    #82  
    Come on everyone, keep those pictures coming
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by elcartel View Post
    I've been seeing a lot of Pre and Pixi ads by Palm in my subway as well recently, I live in Boston, MA. Palm is finally stepping their game up. Lets go Palm!!
    Yup, that's good to see.
  4.    #84  
    There haven't been any post on here in a while, so anyone who has any pictures please post them or any info about advertisements.
    It would help if they picked better names for the products. Names like Pre, Pre Plus, and Pixie don't say anything about the product, and they don't project anything cool.

Personally, I think they should have called it the Palm Pilot. That is still a recognized name with brand value.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Sorry about offtopic, but I love this from Palm:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    My Best Buy, the largest in a major metropolitan area, doesn't have working models of ANY phones on display. They only have the little plastic mock ups across the board.
    I've found that the BB where I live has working models stored in a locked case behind the registers. If you're serious about purchasing a phone, they'll take it out and let you play w/them.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    It would help if they picked better names for the products. Names like Pre, Pre Plus, and Pixie don't say anything about the product
    And iPhone, Droid & Nexus 1 does?
    and they don't project anything cool.
    I think you have your causality backwards. IMHO the coolness of the name does not cause the popularity of the phone, rather the other way round.
    Personally, I think they should have called it the Palm Pilot. That is still a recognized name with brand value.
    I'm reminded of this story.
    Once upon a time a pet food company created a new variety of dog food and rolled out a massive marketing campaign to introduce the product. Despite hiring a first-rate advertising agency, initial sales were very disappointing. The agency was fired and a new agency and a new campaign was launched. Sales continued to disappoint. If anything, they fell even further. In desperation, the CEO called in all of the top executives for a brainstorming session to analyze what had gone wrong with the two campaigns and how a new campaign might revive sales.

The meeting went on for hours. Sophisticated statistical analysis was brought to bear on the problem. One VP argued that the mix of TV and print ads had been messed up. Another argued that the previous campaigns had been too subtle and had failed to feature the product with sufficient prominence. Another argued that the TV ad campaign had focused too much on spots during sporting events and not enough on regular programming with a broader demographic. Another argued the opposite–not enough sports programming had been targeted. After the debate had raged for hours, the CEO felt they had accomplished very little. He asked if anyone else had any theories that might explain the failure of the new product. Finally, one newly hired employee raised her hand and was recognized. Maybe the dogs don’t like it, she said.
    This is pretty difficult to fathom for those of us who do really like our phone. But perhaps we're a minority with strange preferences.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettwerk View Post
    Sorry about offtopic, but I love this from Palm:
    I like that commercial also
    That flower is pretty, and a bit feminine. It says nothing of the brand, features, or value proposition.

Maybe just a screen shot of the launcher? Especially with the black iPod theme...
    I was driving down the 91 freeway in Gardena/Carson(in Los Angeles county) area in California and I noticed 2-3 Palm billboards back to back along with 5 lap-band billboards back to back. I would have taken a picture or video but I don't think that's safe. lol
    Last edited by ho0lee0h; 03/06/2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: clearer
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by ho0lee0h View Post
    I was driving down the 91 freeway in Gardena/Carson(in Los Angeles county) area in California and I noticed 2-3 Palm billboards back to back along with 5 lap-band billboards back to back. I would have taken a picture or video but I don't think that's safe. lol
    Can you take a picture of it the next time you see it please?
  13.    #93  
    Has anyone else seen any advertisements?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterules View Post
    Is Palm or Verizon paying for these adds?
    I'd say Palm, given the fact that Verizon are actively turning away Potential Palm customers away, and to the Droid.
    First Evar 1.4.0 Screenshot's Leaked By Your's Truly
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    And iPhone, Droid & Nexus 1 does?
    Coolness often comes from brand recognition. Google is well known and generally thought of as cool. So the buzz about their phones transcends names. Also, they didn't have a previous phone or product name to trade on.

Palm is less known or thought to be out of the game. Palm has a previous brand name to trade on, and you will see/hear it referenced in movies, news articles, etc even still - as the generic name for where the trendy keep their info. Blackberry and iPhone have caught up, but if you ask around what a "Palm Pilot" is, most people can still tell you what it is/was.

When I tell people I have a "Palm Pre" they generally say "pre-what" as if it is "pre-release" or "pre-production" or "pre-vious generation".

So, coolness can just as often come before or after, not just as you claim.

IMHO
    I spotted a Palm ad on my way home today. Doesn't look as interesting as the other ads people have posted here, but nevertheless it was Palm ad. Sorry for the bad pic quality, but I didn't want to take it while driving. It was taken at a stop light.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I heard a palm radio ad earlier today on WTOP in dc.
  18.    #98  
    Has anyone else seen any ads?
    I just walked out the door of the office for a couple of minutes and we have two(2) Chicago tour buses parked out front with the Palm advertisements. Gotta love seeing these!

20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I just walked out the door of the office for a couple of minutes and we have two(2) Chicago tour buses parked out front with the Palm advertisements. Gotta love seeing these!

Nice sighting
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast