Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    that subway pic is awesome

i just watched the commercial with the creepy girl, and i love it.. i think it was very effective
    Lol, I like the new commercials better.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Also they should keep working phones in the Verizon / Sprint / RadioShack / BestBuy stores.
    I agree, it will allow people to use the phone and see how they like it.
    When the Verizon Pre Plus was released, I wanted to check it out so I went into a Best Buy and to my dismay all I could fine was a Sprint Pre with a fake screen and just a picture of the Palm Pre and Pixi on the Verizon display.
    My Best Buy, the largest in a major metropolitan area, doesn't have working models of ANY phones on display. They only have the little plastic mock ups across the board.

It doesn't make any sense.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Here are two picturs I shot of ads at South Station in Boston. The place was blanketed in Palm ads. I counted at least 20!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I took this on 79th & Broadway in NYC about an hour ago. I also saw one about the Pixi on 83rd & Broadway. I think these things are spread up and down Broadway which is pretty cool.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    Here are two picturs I shot of ads at South Station in Boston. The place was blanketed in Palm ads. I counted at least 20!
    Were those pictures taken with your pre?
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    I took this on 79th & Broadway in NYC about an hour ago. I also saw one about the Pixi on 83rd & Broadway. I think these things are spread up and down Broadway which is pretty cool.
    Kind of funny because I took my pictures at south station because I was catching a train to New York and I've seen those same ads on broadway as well. You beat me to the punch.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I just passed through Park Street station in Boston (the busiest in the boston subway system) and it was wall to wall palm ads! Every ad spot in the station had one for palm. Glad to see the marketing push finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by sriedy View Post
    EXIF shows that they were taken with a Pre.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sriedy View Post
    of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79 View Post
    Figures I just started a new thread with this. Bah. Advertising in the Times Square Subway in NYC.

Good Pix!!
    Kind of funny because I took my pictures at south station because I was catching a train to New York and I've seen those same ads on broadway as well. You beat me to the punch.
    Haha cool. Did you see any more south of 79th st?
    My wife was watching Bachlor or American Idle (can't remember which) and she saw a Pre commercial for Verizon.
    i live in florida (hialeah) to be more specific and i have only seen one Palm ad, its located in 12 ave and 40 something street (west)... ill take a pic if i see it again
    Bus ad snapped this morning (with my Pre of course) on Central Park West in Manhattan. Right in front of the natural history, where LOTS of tourists congregate. Go, Palm!

(I'd have posted the image as a URL but I need three more posts to my name to do that!)
    I just passed through Park Street station in Boston (the busiest in the boston subway system) and it was wall to wall palm ads! Every ad spot in the station had one for palm. Glad to see the marketing push finally.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one noticing the Boston ads! Seems the latest push started just after we were talking in another thread about only seeing occasional Palm ads.

Attached is a photo from Downtown Crossing T station in Boston. It's hard to overstate the Palm ad saturation here. As danib62 said, some T (subway) stations have every single slot (frame) filled with Pixi/Pre posters. There's even a full-size billboard in commuter-heavy Porter Square, which I haven't yet photographed but intend to. And it all seemed to happen in one big overnight blitz.
    I live in the SF Bay Area and drive from the East Bay to the Peninsula everyday for work. On the way to work, there is a giant Palm billboard on 92 approaching the San Mateo bridge. On the way home, there is a giant Palm billboard at the 880/238 interchange.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  19.    #79  
    Bump, Please post more pictures and videos of any Palm advertisements you have seen.
    I took a couple pictures this morning in the Metro Center station in D.C. Unfortunately I was in a hurry and it was dark, so they're of pretty poor quality. I'll try to slow down a take a couple more shots this evening.

Every possible place that they could cover with an advertisement is plastered with Palm stuff though. Really nice to see. And yesterday on the Metro home I actually sat next to a girl with a Pixi! I've probably seen 5 or 6 Pre's since I got mine, but this was the first Pixi.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast