Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    going by the posts in this forum, so far Public transport advertisements in Boston,Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco are covered by PALM. Which I would say is better way of reaching out targeted customers.
    Add Chicago to that list.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Also they should keep working phones in the Verizon / Sprint / RadioShack / BestBuy stores.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Figures I just started a new thread with this. Bah. Advertising in the Times Square Subway in NYC.

^^^ very cool!
    Is Palm or Verizon paying for these adds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterules View Post
    Good question.
    considering the Verizon name or logo is no where to be seen - not even on the phone itself - I'd say Palm is doing this solo...

Very sad indeed... Verizon really is putting all their efforts towards Android... oh... sorry... "bare knuckled bucket of does"

You know I do have to say, that although I'm happy to see Palm doing good adverts, I think there should be a focus shift. For us Pre users, these ads make sense, because we get the cards flipping and minimizing, but for users who never saw the device, I can only imagine them looking at the screen and saying "why is the calendar so small, I'll never be able to read that in my hand". Not trying to nit-pick, I really do like the adverts. I'm just wondering what ideas could be brought to the table to help Palm share the multi-tasking card feature in a picture. Of course, this is easier in video format....
    I love the ad in L.A. 8)
    yeah I was just about to say that I thougt it was palm ad money too due to there being no verizon logo. I think verizon has gotten better advertising for palm though and hopefully they will continue to run ads. It's too bad that palm is being forced to advertise for itself though because that's less money for r/d.
  10.    #50  
    Hmm, I wondered that also.
    Hey everyone, brought this back just to remind everyone of the Palm's good old days of advertising, lol.....

on 42nd Street in TSQ there's now a Palm billboard where the Sprint Samsung Instinct used to Be
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    KOOL!!!!
    Hi Everybody!!!
    Generally if there is no branding (ie: carrier logo) the ad is paid for by the product manufacturer (like the ads in the subway above). Looks like Palm paid for a lot of stuff, but you can see Verizon branding on quite a few also.
  15.    #55  

Here is a picture of some Palm advertisements at Montgomery Muni Metro Station in San Francisco, California.
    Thanks for posting the photo I took with my Palm Pre on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood and uploaded to Twitter from my @dragongears account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmwebos View Post
    Here is a picture of some Palm advertisements at Montgomery Muni Metro Station in San Francisco, California.
    Thanks for re-posting my pic. Attached are pics of a double-sided ad panel featuring Pixi Plus on one side and Pre Plus on the other. The entire Montgomery Metro Station, from walls to columns to ad panels, is plastered with Pre and Pixi ads!

All pics taken with my Sprint Pre
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wallbounce; 02/24/2010 at 05:33 AM.
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Folks , any more photos ?.
    Looks like all those 1000 employees are busy supporting this marketing and the 1.4 update !!!
    I am not expecting any new handset for another six months.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Folks , any more photos ?.
    Looks like all those 1000 employees are busy supporting this marketing and the 1.4 update !!!
    I am not expecting any new handset for another six months.
    Yeah, I'd like to see some more photo's also
    that subway pic is awesome

i just watched the commercial with the creepy girl, and i love it.. i think it was very effective
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast