Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 126
  1. #21  
    I'm gunna contribute to this but everytime I was in PA I never seen anyone with a pre or cool sprint phone but I just moved to a different state and EVERYONE IN TOWN HAS A FREAKING PRE. Now I don't feel special. Seriously, I kept getting texts and 3 people next to me checked their phones.

    great for palm,sucks for special status.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmwebos View Post
    Here is a photo of one of Palm's many advertisements running in the US. This is a billboard located in Hollywood, California.
    I wasn't going to, but I decided to look at the exif data.It was nice to see that the pic that you posted and the one HelloNNNewman posted were both taken with a Palm Pre.
  3. #23  
    I really like that tag line. Perfect for webOS. I'll have to look around Boston for some Palm ads.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    I wasn't going to, but I decided to look at the exif data.It was nice to see that the pic that you posted and the one HelloNNNewman posted were both taken with a Palm Pre.
    Yup... I pulled my Pre out of my pocket for the pic while waiting for the light to turn. I ended up cropping the pic down before posting since there isn't a zoom function (forget I said that - I don't want to get THAT one started in here). But I have to say... I haven't taken a lot of pics with my Pre and was very pleasantly surprised at how the pics look coming off of it.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yup... I pulled my Pre out of my pocket for the pic while waiting for the light to turn. I ended up cropping the pic down before posting since there isn't a zoom function (forget I said that - I don't want to get THAT one started in here). But I have to say... I haven't taken a lot of pics with my Pre and was very pleasantly surprised at how the pics look coming off of it.
    And now I go off topic.....
    I agree, I don't use the camera much, but when I do I am happy with the results. When I know I am going to take pics, I bring a camera. I think phone cameras are best suited for 'wow look at that' moments.

    The aspect ratio in your pic was why I ended up checking. The embedded thumbnail still shows the full pic. I also find it fun to look and see who turns off geotagging and who turns it on.
  6. GFS
    GFS is offline
    GFS's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #26  
    sunset and cahuenga! my old stomping grounds.
  7. #27  
    That really is a fantastic tagline.
  8. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #28  
    Finally some marketing.
  9. JJCook's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    #29  
    I was in Boston yesterday and there Palm Pre and Pixi ads ALL over the T stations! It seems everywhere I went there was an ad.
  10. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #30  
    Looks like PALM is targeting commuters first, which makes sense. Folks who commute have enough time to use the phone.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
    I was going to take a pic of a billboard but there was a cop right next to me! It was a pre/pixi billboard in Brooklyn, NY. Glad to see they are pushing out some ads!
    is it illegal to take pics of billboards? lol
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  12. Dtone's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #32  
    I've seen these ads through out nyc last last few wks. There pretty good, it helps casting Palm in a more trendy light. Seeing them alot on the bus & subway..they are in expensive areas to advertise too, Palm can't be too cash strapped...
  13. Dtone's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    is it illegal to take pics of billboards? lol
    lol no but it's illegal to talk or text while driving...and try saying oh no I wasn't txting I was taking a picture lol.
    nypd been enforcing alot lately. I know ppl who got stopped cuz cops saw the phone in view on the seat..but cops just like to stop & harass that's a whole other story. Stop & frisk poilcy.
  14. #34  
    Looks like Palm finally got the screen size right in that first ad.
  15. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtone View Post
    I've seen these ads through out nyc last last few wks. There pretty good, it helps casting Palm in a more trendy light. Seeing them alot on the bus & subway..they are in expensive areas to advertise too, Palm can't be too cash strapped...
    Its good that they are doing this. But they need some more videos on local TV channels.
  16. #36  
    That is one heck of a big Pre -- how in the world is it going to fit in your pocket?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    ...The embedded thumbnail still shows the full pic. I also find it fun to look and see who turns off geotagging and who turns it on.
    Pic is now geotagged
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    I'm gunna contribute to this but everytime I was in PA I never seen anyone with a pre or cool sprint phone but I just moved to a different state and EVERYONE IN TOWN HAS A FREAKING PRE. Now I don't feel special. Seriously, I kept getting texts and 3 people next to me checked their phones.

    great for palm,sucks for special status.
    It's always nice to see a fellow Palm Pre user.
  19. danib62's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadaim357 View Post
    I really like that tag line. Perfect for webOS. I'll have to look around Boston for some Palm ads.
    There are tons of Pre ads around Boston. There is one by the bus stop shelter near me in cambridge and I was at south station yesterday and counted at least 20 out by the platforms. The place was blanketed in them!
  20. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #40  
    going by the posts in this forum, so far Public transport advertisements in Boston,Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco are covered by PALM. Which I would say is better way of reaching out targeted customers.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions