1.    #1  
    Like all Pres, after a designated time, the Pre turns off its display.

Now, also like most of you, I have Bypass PIN so I don't have to drag the unlock button over or keep typing out my PIN number.

However, one more thing that's been bugging me is that the On/Off button is really hard to press and is all the way on top of the damn device.

Wouldn't be nice to just click the middle button (forgot what it's called) to turn the display back on instead of press the on/off button?
    if the slider is open, the button will wake up the screen, so i just slide it open first then hit button
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Short answer is there is no patch to make the Center button function as a screen on/off button b/c the current API doesn't support hardware access to that button's function. Until Palm changes/expands the API, you're stuck with either the normal power button or opening the slider as noted above.
    I certainly hope palm NEVER changes this functionality. If some develops a patch for it fine, but I for one do not want my screen turning on and off all day when the button gets pressed while in my case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I certainly hope palm NEVER changes this functionality. If some develops a patch for it fine, but I for one do not want my screen turning on and off all day when the button gets pressed while in my case.
    I don't think I've ever accidentally pressed that button, it's kind of sturdy and won't even press unless I use a tip of a finger or thumb.
    my top button is broken and I would very much like to this patch. Hopefuly Palm lets us change the button.