Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1.    #1  
    I hope palm works on this.. Maybe 1.4
    Live the Pre life.
  2. #2  
    Maybe if they actually provided us with an OSK, they would perfect it.
  3.    #3  
    Everyone is like
    Friend-your phone is AWESOME
    Me- I know check this out. (shows him avatar) lol
    Friend- oh cool. Can you type like this?
    Me- No..........
    Friend- [edited by moderator] my phone can.. lol
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 02/21/2010 at 03:15 PM.
    Live the Pre life.
  4. #4  
    Honestly I HATE OSKs with a passion. I dont understand why people like them so much. I mean it would be nice to have on the pre while in landscape but otherwise an OSK(if its not in addition to a physical one) is a total dealbreaker for me on any phone.
  5. #5  
    I've always thought you should get a smartphone that best suits your need, and not one that will just impress others. Maybe the Iphone changed that mindset for some people. For me, using the hardware keyboard is always mroe efficient and practical.
  6. #6  
    maybe...just maybe....we can give props to the devs that have busted their humps trying to give us a pretty decent OSK. You know, instead of busting their humps for them. Just sayin......

    besides when and IF an actual OSK from Palm is released, it'll probable be ripped off from the webOS internals project anyway
  7. #7  
    I think you should ask for your money back.

    How much did you pay for the OSK again?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I think you should ask for your money back.

    How much did you pay for the OSK again?

    -- Rod
    Rod (Slaps OP with a Fish)

    +1
    +1
    +1
    I likey take apart thingies....
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Rod (Slaps OP with a Fish)

    +1
    +1
    +1
    lol
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    lol
    I come from the age of IRC Chat Rooms where we were able to throw in a comment like that....I forget exactly what the symbols were though that would add that.....been a long time since I've been on IRC.....
    I likey take apart thingies....
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    I come from the age of IRC Chat Rooms where we were able to throw in a comment like that....I forget exactly what the symbols were though that would add that.....been a long time since I've been on IRC.....
    "~lart powerbyte" should do it

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12.    #12  
    No trust me I like the PK. But I sometimes I would like to touch my screen and type.
    Live the Pre life.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShArK *** View Post
    No trust me I like the PK. But I sometimes I would like to touch my screen and type.
    Are you simply referring to the fact that Palm does not supply an OSK?

    Or are you referring to the webos-internals virtual keyboard patch?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. #14  
    I'd just laugh and tell him that if I wanted a dumb imitation of a perfectly good implementation just because everyone else was doing it, I would've bought a pocket bike.
  15. #15  
    I've got an extraordinary stupendos phantasmagorical idea...one which may change the fabric of time and space as we know it.................ready???






    IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SOMETHING .....THEN DO NOT USE IT!!!!!


    Have a great day.....

    Robert
  16. #16  
    The developers deserve much credit but the the VKB is unusable.

    Cheers!
  17.    #17  
    lol you guys are funny. Anyways yes I would like Palm to make a Real Palm OSK. No app no Patch.
    Live the Pre life.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    The developers deserve much credit but the the VKB is unusable.

    Cheers!
    idk where youre getting that from i use it to type out quick responses and it works fine
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    idk where youre getting that from i use it to type out quick responses and it works fine
    It is slow to load, slow to switch between the landscape and portrait modes to the point that I can pull the PKB and type in what I want by the time it displays correctly. Also, there is a very annoying bug where the VKB does not close by tapping the geture area unless you put the cursor on the initial field you tapped from which makes it usable in the text app but unusable in the email app. The developer told me that he was going to fix it a while ago but has not.

    If you like it then great for you, just saying it is not for me.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterj3033 View Post
    I've always thought you should get a smartphone that best suits your need, and not one that will just impress others. Maybe the Iphone changed that mindset for some people. For me, using the hardware keyboard is always mroe efficient and practical.
    i agree....i just think its funny how everything apple is there for the looks and the "cool" factor. you know what, i like my pre. i dont give a **** if my friends dont like it cuz of lack of onscreen keyboard. chances are i wouldnt use it anyways....fat thumbs haha
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions