Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    It is slow to load, slow to switch between the landscape and portrait modes to the point that I can pull the PKB and type in what I want by the time it displays correctly. Also, there is a very annoying bug where the VKB does not close by tapping the geture area unless you put the cursor on the initial field you tapped from which makes it usable in the text app but unusable in the email app. The developer told me that he was going to fix it a while ago but has not.

If you like it then great for you, just saying it is not for me.
    but you went as far as to call it "unusable" which it is far from it just doesnt meet your expectations
    if you hate it so much make your own. End of story. You have no right to complain about something you get for FREE.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    if you hate it so much make your own. End of story. You have no right to complain about something you get for FREE.
    I respectfully disagree, I do have the right. This is a thread about it and I am giving my opinion.

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    but you went as far as to call it "unusable" which it is far from it just doesnt meet your expectations
    Ok, allow me rephrase, it is unusable for me.
    The only OSK that I really like is Swype. However, I highly doubt it will ever come to WebOS. Then again, if enough people pledge to pay for it, you never know.

e_t
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    i agree....i just think its funny how everything apple is there for the looks and the "cool" factor. you know what, i like my pre. i dont give a **** if my friends dont like it cuz of lack of onscreen keyboard. chances are i wouldnt use it anyways....fat thumbs haha

I agree...the qwerty keyboard was what sealed the deal for me. I haven't found a virtual keyboard on any device that I've liked. I have the landscape messaging patch and have trained myself to type from the side just to keep from using one. I'm sure someone will come out with a perfected VKB for the people that like to use it.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I would love for palm to make a native funtional OSK, at first I liked having the physical keyboard, but I've been playing with a friend's ipod touch recently and realized how responsive it was, and how well the auto correct accounts for hitting nearby keys, I'm sold... but only on the OSK.
    Give me a real keyboard, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Rod (Slaps OP with a Fish)

+1
    +1
    +1
    the keyboard iissue is something that Palm should have on it's to do listt. Whhether you fall in the OSK camp or the HW camp, Pallm needs to address both isues. This post is totally unedited- seeee all the errrors? This is driving me nuts. And I don't have meaty thumbs. Another reality is that thhere are those who like or want an OSK and Palm is misssiing ou on a decent size segment of the market by not offering a native OSK.
    Christa
    wife, mother, nerd and proud of it
    palm has other things that they should be taking care of especially when there is an excellent fix for this in the preware patches for users who have to have a virtual keyboard
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    I've got an extraordinary stupendos phantasmagorical idea...one which may change the fabric of time and space as we know it.................ready???

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SOMETHING .....THEN DO NOT USE IT!!!!!

Have a great day.....

Robert
    Yeah, because he's totally going to stop using his phone that he paid a lot of money for, and continues to keep paying for monthly, simply because it doesn't have an on-screen keyboard. Man, I wish I could have come up with that. Oh wait..
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper-Cut View Post
    Yeah, because he's totally going to stop using his phone that he paid a lot of money for, and continues to keep paying for monthly, simply because it doesn't have an on-screen keyboard. Man, I wish I could have come up with that. Oh wait..
    no its for the virtual keyboard since he doesnt like it and went as far as saying it sucked the answer is just dont use it
    I am typing on my 8 month old Pre, works fine. There is somethng wrong with your keyboard, take it into a Verizon store and have it checked out.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    no its for the virtual keyboard since he doesnt like it and went as far as saying it sucked the answer is just dont use it
    Ah, my mistake then.
    true....it was just about the OSK.....BTW Sketch42.....

LOVE THE FISH
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper-Cut View Post
    Or, if an OSK is a requirement don't spend money on a phone that doesn't have one and then start a thread to complain about it and the solution offered.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    OP you're dumb.
    osk's take up screen real estate. me personally, anything that does this is a no no for me
    I bought the Pre specifically FOR the hardware keyboard. I detest OSK's, even good ones. If I really wanted to be all "me too" I would have coughed up the hideous deposit Verizon wanted and bought a Droid. Or gone with ATT and gotten an iPhone that doesn't even work around here. /facepalm
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast