Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

    this is going to sound stupid, but here goes:

    if there is evidence that i dropped my pre, can i get a replacement under the warranty from verizon/palm?

    thanks!
  2. #2  
    You'll have to use insurance, if you got it.

    Don't make Sprint/Palm (and ultimately us) pay for your mistake, please.
  3. #3  
    scratches only yes, depending on the problem. Cracked/bleeding lcd maybe but you'll pay 50 for a refurb. Anything more serious call insurance if you have it or askk for one year pricing on new phone under vzw lost/stolen/daamaged policy.

    easiest solution call cs and tell them it keeps power cycling and ask for replacement to be sent.

    I worked in management for a long time at vzw, trust me.
  4. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #4  
    Does it no longer work? Are you wanting a replacement for purely cosmetic reasons?

    If its some scuff marks and later the thing stops working then maybe ya. But if your wanting to replace it because of the scuffs alone GL!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    You'll have to use insurance, if you got it.

    Don't make Sprint/Palm (and ultimately us) pay for your mistake, please.
    don't worry insane42, i don't cheat like that.

    i got the phone three weeks ago and didn't get the insurance thinking that i would never need it...

    but......... of course i dropped it today and there is a scratch, but my greater concern is that the slight pre-oreo twist it did before the drop, has gotten worse. i am very sure that the oreo twist will eventually happen to full effect, but was wondering if i would still be protected under warranty with the scuff marks. also, is it too late to buy insurance for the phone (verizon, that is)??

    thank you pre-gurus
  6. #6  
    you have 30 days to add insurance.
  7. #7  
    where did you purchase it? I bought mine from best buy on jan 25th when it came out and just got a fresh phone today thinking it would fix my gps concerns. It didn't unfortunately but I did get a nice, non scratched up phone.

    I have no insurance but if it's within 30 days you should be able to swap out no problem
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sltho View Post
    ...but my greater concern is that the slight pre-oreo twist it did before the drop, has gotten worse.
    just for giggles, did you try the suggested fix of removing the battery from the Pre and trying to push the sliders back down (if they're lifted) to make the oreo effect go away?
  9. #9  
    I don't know about Verizon, but Sprint has two levels of insurance. One is basic stuff, just covers repairs due to defects, worn parts, that sort of thing. I used it on my first Sprint phone, one of those goofy half-flim Samsungs that left the screen exposed. Hinges started getting wobbly after awhile. The other level covers everything else, like dropping and breaking the phone, theft, loss, major stuff. That actually goes through a third-party insurance company, and you pay a $50 deductible once they approve replacement. Fairly sure Verizon is the same way.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan View Post
    scratches only yes, depending on the problem. Cracked/bleeding lcd maybe but you'll pay 50 for a refurb. Anything more serious call insurance if you have it or askk for one year pricing on new phone under vzw lost/stolen/daamaged policy.

    easiest solution call cs and tell them it keeps power cycling and ask for replacement to be sent.

    I worked in management for a long time at vzw, trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    You'll have to use insurance, if you got it.

    Don't make Sprint/Palm (and ultimately us) pay for your mistake, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeebs View Post
    where did you purchase it? I bought mine from best buy on jan 25th when it came out and just got a fresh phone today thinking it would fix my gps concerns. It didn't unfortunately but I did get a nice, non scratched up phone.

    I have no insurance but if it's within 30 days you should be able to swap out no problem
    Hey zeebs, i bought the phone from the verizon website. the exact date of purchase is 1/31/10, and ship date is 2/1/10.

    it seems like i got a couple more days to get insurance - i'll look into that.

    how'd u get your phone replaced?
  11.    #11  
    whoa, def. have to learn how to use the quote and m-quote buttons... wth
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    just for giggles, did you try the suggested fix of removing the battery from the Pre and trying to push the sliders back down (if they're lifted) to make the oreo effect go away?
    i did read the oreo fix post on this website, but i don't know how to get the damn lid open...

    and is it true that the warranty becomes void if i try this? and what does warranty cover?

Posting Permissions