Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I uninstalled the USCL Memo patch and now when I click my launcher it is all blank. Also universal search doesn't work. When I start typing the screen brings up a translucent grey launcher with no text or icons on it.

could someone post a link here that would launch preware whe I click on it? Then I could try the patch recovery tool...
    This has happened to me....think it was the Theme I had installed: Windows 7, but not sure.

Here is a quick fix to get preware back to do recovery etc if you need to:

1) Pull battery out of the phone...leave out for about 2 minutes so the phone basically has a clean mememory module.
    2) Put back in and power it up...wait a few...and then wait a few seconds right after the phone comes up as to give it some time ot finish its processing.

Should work...if not repeat.
    I had this problem before and my fix thus far was uninstalling the theme, but I sometimes had to reboot and pull the battery out a few times before it would work properly. Sometimes I got a blank screen, others 1 launcher page with icons stacked on each other, other times 4 out of 5 launcher pages. AND unfortunately my PreWare resides on page 5...lol.

Hope this helps. Check Themes as the first culprit.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    nope, everytime I reboot the phone I still get a blank launcher.

btw, I never use themes. It was def from uninstalling that patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by bengooch7 View Post
    nope, everytime I reboot the phone I still get a blank launcher.

btw, I never use themes. It was def from uninstalling that patch.

You may have to go see the doctor
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssimpala2003 View Post
    You may have to go see the doctor
    Yeah, I was afraid of that... Maybe I could use QuickInstaller to run the patch recovery?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to my Pre Plus a few days ago when all the patches were getting updated to AUPT-3. I've never used themes, but I did have the USCL Memos patch (for those keeping score). If I had known multiple battery-pulls or reboots could fix it, I would have tried that before doctoring.

It was my first experience with the Doctor, and it wasn't terrible, but I definitely want to keep it as the last resort in the future. I was impressed with all the settings and apps that the Palm profile was able to restore automatically. I also discovered a few things that were not restored after logging in: manually linked (and un-linked) contact profiles, contact ringtones, speed dial assignments, web page launcher buttons, calendar colors. No complaints here. I still love my Pre!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bengooch7 View Post
    Yeah, I was afraid of that... Maybe I could use QuickInstaller to run the patch recovery?
    I don't think you'll be able to use WOSQI, unless perhaps you left Developer Mode on.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    it is still on. I guess I'll try that.

the app gallery here on PreCentral has links that launch the app catalog. Is there a way for someone to post a link maybe through html coding that could launch preware?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    This happened to me today upon updating one of my patches. I had 3 patches that needed updating in preware with the new AUPT. I hit "Update All", and then when that was done went ahead with the reboot. When it came back on, my launcher pages were all blank. I can search for an app and launch it, and my pages are all as I left them (5 named pages using Jason's patch, automatically loads up the middle one via that other patch), but there are no icons.

Unfortunately I can't remember WHICH 3 patches were updated, and there's so many from the last few days that I can't be sure which they were. I do know that have never had the USCL Memos patch installed, however.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I wish I could at least search my apps... When I type I dont even get the payne for text. And nothing comes up.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    FWIW:

I found the patch causing me problems - it was the update to 4x4 icons v4. Now, this also includes Add/remove launcher pages and gesture tap for info as part of it, so it could have been one of those or the interplay between them.

Removing this patc cured it. I individually added back 4x4 icons v3, add/remove pages, and gesture tap for info and everything seems fine now.