Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    After lots of searching and comparing, I pulled the trigger and ordered a Sprint Pre - just time to end the cycle of waiting for the 'next best thing.'

Also got a TS to go with it.

Looking forward to getting setup tonight and writing more in the coming days.

Thanks to all your posts, and the search feature, for getting me prepped.
    Welcome!! Lots of people here who are willing to help! (and some ready to jump on you ;-)
    Good luck and enjoy! Been luv'n my launch day Pre for 8 months now, just an amazing device. Got a feeling if you drive alot that you will be getting a TS for your car too.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash4o View Post
    After lots of searching and comparing, I pulled the trigger and ordered a Sprint Pre - just time to end the cycle of waiting for the 'next best thing.'

Also got a TS to go with it.

Looking forward to getting setup tonight and writing more in the coming days.

Thanks to all your posts, and the search feature, for getting me prepped.
    You should have gone with Verizon. Sprint won't let you tether to the phone to connect your PC to the internet. And it's network coverage isn't as good...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You should have gone with Verizon. Sprint won't let you tether to the phone to connect your PC to the internet. And it's network coverage isn't as good...
    Depends on where he lives, might need the best coverage and might not need to legally tether.

That is my case and I spend $50 a month on my bill with a 25% corp discount. Verizon cant touch that
    I think it has been generally shown in most circumstances on this forum that Sprint service is vastly cheaper - all things being equal.

If Sprint 3G coverage is poor in your area (remember your Sprint phone will use VZW x1 when a signal is not available) or the places you travel or you need to tether (legally) then VZW would be the best option.
    Is it just me or is there is alot of "my glass is half empty" people in this forum?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    In NYC, so coverage is non-issue.

Also, Sprint gave me $20 off a month for next 2 years. My Everything Plan, with yearly upgrade option, is $49 a month.

Who could say no to that?
    In NYC, so coverage is non-issue.

Also, Sprint gave me $20 off a month for next 2 years. My Everything Plan, with yearly upgrade option, is $49 a month.

Who could say no to that?
    Someone who likes working just to give their paycheck to Verizon, that's who.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Someone who likes working just to give their paycheck to Verizon, that's who.
    Also, I feel good about getting the yearly upgrade option with Sprint. If things go south with the Pre, I can move on to Pre2 or whatever else does the trick.

I have Centro now and I'm ready for the next step. I'm glad I gave WebOS 8 months to grow, too.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Congratulations on your choice, you will love the device and the updates keep things feeling "new". Also, you will want to take a look at Preware. (search here for instructions on "how-to") It is so much fun having a phone that you can literally "make" it how you want it with the patches and such. So, enjoy your purchase, I certainly have. (I stood in line on the day it was launched, no regrets)
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    It came. Very happy.
    Early notes:
    Ordered over the phone from Sprint.
    Came in 'sunset box'
    Build date 12\21\09
    Not refurb
    Solid slider
    Pearly center button, not silver
    Came with webOS 1.3.1 -> updated to 1.3.5.1
    TS works fine, though was warm after charging and updating at same time.

Still getting set up, but thought you might find the stats interesting. Did I miss anything?
    congrats! i have a launch day pre been very happy with it for over 8 months now.

you picked a good time, WebOS update 1.4 is comin out within a week or 2. flash will also be available before summer time.

also, someone said you cant tether on sprint, that isn't true, you can!
    goto mytether.net there's a great app there.

hope you like your pre!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    congrats! i have a launch day pre been very happy with it for over 8 months now.

you picked a good time, WebOS update 1.4 is comin out within a week or 2. flash will also be available before summer time.

also, someone said you cant tether on sprint, that isn't true, you can!
    goto mytether.net there's a great app there.

hope you like your pre!

NOOOO, dont get mytether. I paid for it, and it didnt work right. I downloaded the free version of the Verizon mobile hotspot app, and then applied the IP forwarding patch and that worked first try! And its free. Dont give your money to the mytether guy. Its a ripoff.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    NOOOO, dont get mytether. I paid for it, and it didnt work right. I downloaded the free version of the Verizon mobile hotspot app, and then applied the IP forwarding patch and that worked first try! And its free. Dont give your money to the mytether guy. Its a ripoff.
    Gottcha - thanks for heads up. Dont really need tether, but good to know none the less.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Oh, and sprint is by far the better deal for me. Has good coverage here in Indiana, just as good as Verizon, but the price is waaaay cheaper. I pay $40/month. 1500 minutes, unlimited everything else.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    So on the same day I got my Pre, the wife got the Curve 8530. Said that's the one she wanted, tried in store, liked - I said anything for wifey.

After watching me for 1 day with my new Pre, she asks if she can exchange her new Curve for a Pre.

1 quick trip to Sprint, now her new Pre is charging on my touchstone.

Now...she is happy.
    So on the same day I got my Pre, the wife got the Curve 8530. Said that's the one she wanted, tried in store, liked - I said anything for wifey.

After watching me for 1 day with my new Pre, she asks if she can exchange her new Curve for a Pre.

1 quick trip to Sprint, now her new Pre is charging on my touchstone.

Now...she is happy.
    same here got my girl the pre also and she loves it!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Congrats! I'm still on my launch day pre and lovin it. It has an "Oreo effect" but i don't care. As long as it doesn't twist apart i'm good to go!
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    BTW somebody said on here awhile back, Who cares which service has better coverage!! We get free roaming so can use there coverage for alot cheaper!!
    My wife fell in love with my Pre so gave her one for X-mas, I don't see her using anything besides WebOS from now on!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast