Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Finally, after much wrangling and convincing, my wife decided to go with the Pre.

She had always fit the typical "shrink it and pink it" mold when it came to cell phones. The fact that the Pre didn't come in "colors" was the first big turn-off for her. Then it was the size of the keyboard. I first got her to go with the Pixi over the Blackberry Curve. And within a few hours she was convinced she had made the right choice.

But then when I started showing her all the Pre tutorial videos (by our very own Deiter Bohn), and telling her that the main differences between the Pre and Pixi are Wifi, and general robustness throughout, she started to see the light. And since the majority of the WebOS tutorials are done on a Pre instead of Pixi, the inevitable began to happen. She came over from the darkside of the force. She finally began to look beyond the black plastic shell.

She's still within her first 30-days, so she'll be going back next week to swap out for the Pre. YEAH!

(of course, she is still talking about getting some sort of colored backing for it - but hey, you can't win 'em all)
    What is wrong with women?!!? Not everything need come in a bunch of colors! Its a PHONE for christs sake. I remember when i first got mine I actually had a girl say to me she liked it becuase of the mirrored finish on the back when the slider is open.
    lol'd...
    Okay, I'm a girl and I didn't notice the mirror until and guy asked me what I thought of it. As for colors, only if it will protect my Pre.

Currently I have full BodyGuardz, but I'm thinking that on my next one I'll just get a screen protector so that the phone can slip in and out of my workout armband. Currently, I can't use the armband with the BodyGuardz shield on it.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    She can still buy pink cases for it on ebay
    Hey, I don't see any men complaining when their women put on a pink teddy, lol.
  7.    #8  
    ... And we're the ones constantly being accosted for putting LOOKS above SUBSTANCE. Haaa. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Finally, after much wrangling and convincing, my wife decided to go with the Pre.
    Yeah, she may be a PreNerd, but she's not a real PreGeek until she reaches up to her computer screen, and tries to use a gesture on it...

That's what I told my wife. She laughed (you know, that laugh that says "you're weird, that'll never happen to me). Then, last week she came up and said "You'll never guess what I did this morning..."
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hmmmm ... just checking to see if my husband was posting about me.

For me, cuteness is a factor. But, usefulness wins out every time. When I switched from Sprint to Verizon (it's a service thing), it KILLED me to give up my SWEET I500 for a Treo. After 3 years with that brick, I am so happy to be back to a smaller handheld.

Thank you, Palm.
    Nicky
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yeah, she may be a PreNerd, but she's not a real PreGeek until she reaches up to her computer screen, and tries to use a gesture on it...

That's what I told my wife. She laughed (you know, that laugh that says "you're weird, that'll never happen to me). Then, last week she came up and said "You'll never guess what I did this morning..."
    LMFAO, i keep doing this at work, people look at me funny, especially if i was just using the emulator, i try swipe windows off the screen and get frustrated when it doesnt do anything.. lol
    I dated this chick, and she had a jewelry kit, and for every phone she bought, she would glue these little fake diamonds and jewelry things on it, so it looked all sparkly and stuff. Needless to say, she is no longer in the picture.
  12.    #13  
    Yeah, I think there's even some sort of kit for adding "jewels" to various things called "Bedazzled".
    Tell us the truth. It was the Mom ads that did it. Wasn't it?
    Last edited by sacherjj; 02/18/2010 at 02:25 PM.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  14.    #15  
    HA!

Hey, even though we were teens through the eighties, that commercial still freaked both of us out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Yeah, I think there's even some sort of kit for adding "jewels" to various things called "Bedazzled".

haha, I've seen commercials for that damned thing. lmao
    Women are gentically predisposed to seeing more colors than men.
    Some Women are tetrachromatically gifted and can see 4 distinct ranges of colors (more than 100million different colors)

women who are heterozygous for trichromacy (tetrachromatically gifted ) may have at least four types of cone in their retinae. affording them an extra dimension of color vision.

Genetics have a big influence on a womans vision and affinity to colorful objects.
    Last edited by Addie_Goodvibes; 02/18/2010 at 02:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Women are gentically predisposed to seeing more colors than men.
    Some Women are tetrachromatically gifted and can see 4 distinct ranges of colors (more than 100million different colors)

women who are heterozygous may have at least four types of cone in their retinae. afording them an extra dimension of color vision.

Genetics have a big influence on a womans vision and affinity to colorful objects.
    are you saying that woman are more prone to saying "Ooooooh Shiney!!"???
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    are you saying that woman are more prone to saying "Ooooooh Shiney!!"???
    basically that about sums it up.

Womens thinking may also play into their processing of visual data/information

women think locally, relying on details and nuances, while men think more globally on the bigger picture (not just the color but the function of the device)

Mens Vision is more refined for distance ( hunter gather instincts)
    My plan has 4 phone lines. All 4 are Pre's, including my girlfriend. She loves it. That is all!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast