Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pshaw. I have a pink touchstone back for my Pixi.. I agree with the 'shrink it and pink it' mentality (I'm stealing that, by the way..). Incorporates the best of both worlds. I have all my WebOS nerdiness with a *cuuuuuuute* phone. (Don't throw up, boys.)

Yes, my other Techs make fun of me. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kytton View Post
    Pshaw. I have a pink touchstone back for my Pixi.. I agree with the 'shrink it and pink it' mentality (I'm stealing that, by the way..). Incorporates the best of both worlds. I have all my WebOS nerdiness with a *cuuuuuuute* phone. (Don't throw up, boys.)

Yes, my other Techs make fun of me. :/
    i like pink
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Finally, after much wrangling and convincing, my wife decided to go with the Pre.

She had always fit the typical "shrink it and pink it" mold when it came to cell phones. The fact that the Pre didn't come in "colors" was the first big turn-off for her. Then it was the size of the keyboard. I first got her to go with the Pixi over the Blackberry Curve. And within a few hours she was convinced she had made the right choice.

But then when I started showing her all the Pre tutorial videos (by our very own Deiter Bohn), and telling her that the main differences between the Pre and Pixi are Wifi, and general robustness throughout, she started to see the light. And since the majority of the WebOS tutorials are done on a Pre instead of Pixi, the inevitable began to happen. She came over from the darkside of the force. She finally began to look beyond the black plastic shell.

She's still within her first 30-days, so she'll be going back next week to swap out for the Pre. YEAH!

(of course, she is still talking about getting some sort of colored backing for it - but hey, you can't win 'em all)
    Heh, she'll end up being happy with the Palm Pre in the long run. Nice job convincing her to get a Palm Pre.
    I have a case on mine, yes, but it's a Seido Innocase. And blue.

I don't like pink, and I don't spend 600 dollars on a phone because it's cute. I got it for the specs.

Not every woman thinks of shiny before practicality.
    At some point in my shopping I got confused and thought that I could buy various colored backs for the Pre as well as the Pixi. I was disapointed to find out I was wrong. I very soon came to love the way the Pre looks though.
    I would go for a color phone, but that's because. You guys ever take a look around your rooms? Sometimes I have the hardest time finding **** because....IT'S ALL BLACK. Black headphones, black phones, black cases, black purses, black ac adapters, black gloves, black scarves, black sheets...so much BLACK. I mean, I love black, but it's a pain when you lose things, so I've been looking to expand my color range. Pink;s too outrageous, but a nice neon green or blue. SOMETHING. So I can find my phones and headphones, lol.
    Last edited by malpha; 02/18/2010 at 09:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    My husband's wife is already a Pre-Nerd! This is the 1st phone I have REALLY enjoyed. Wouldn't matter what color it was. I had a green (my favorite color) LG enV, but after awhile the color was just yuck.
    My husband's wife is. . . ME!!
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Hey, I don't see any men complaining when their women put on a pink teddy, lol.
    good one!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Siteoner View Post
    What is wrong with women?!!? Not everything need come in a bunch of colors! Its a PHONE for christs sake. I remember when i first got mine I actually had a girl say to me she liked it becuase of the mirrored finish on the back when the slider is open.
    heyyyy we're GIRLZ for pete's sake! we like things GIRLY! tee hee hee
    Quote Originally Posted by kytton View Post
    pshaw. I have a pink touchstone back for my pixi.. I agree with the 'shrink it and pink it' mentality (i'm stealing that, by the way..). Incorporates the best of both worlds. I have all my webos nerdiness with a *cuuuuuuute* phone. (don't throw up, boys.)

yes, my other techs make fun of me. :/
    woo hoo!! You go girl!!

Pre owner and proud of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Women are gentically predisposed to seeing more colors than men.
    Some Women are tetrachromatically gifted and can see 4 distinct ranges of colors (more than 100million different colors)

women who are heterozygous for trichromacy (tetrachromatically gifted ) may have at least four types of cone in their retinae. affording them an extra dimension of color vision.

Genetics have a big influence on a womans vision and affinity to colorful objects.
    This is me. It doesn't really mean that I need a pink phone, but it does make me very color-oriented. It also means I can take five basic colors of tempera paints and mix every shade you've never heard of. And if there ARE color options with something, a phone for example, I may agonize over the decision a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by skafri View Post
    This is me. It doesn't really mean that I need a pink phone, but it does make me very color-oriented. It also means I can take five basic colors of tempera paints and mix every shade you've never heard of. And if there ARE color options with something, a phone for example, I may agonize over the decision a bit.
    Its amazing the physiological differences in men & women and how our individual physiological / genetic make-up effect the way we think, see & communicate..
    I want a red back, with a sexy touchstone matte finish, not shiny. Or something pink and white with flowers and/or hearts, but not the ones they have for the pixi, the skull messes it up. Girly and proud!!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Believe it or not, color is sortof a thing for me, too. And yeah, I'm a guy. Some things I'm picky on, drums and guitars have to be the right color for me, and to an extent, the band I might be playing with........green sparkly drums are not going to go over well with a death metal crowd. There's perfectly good phones I've passed up, or cases that had better specs, because they were too colorful. Like the green phone mentioned up there......how much am I gonna like that in a year? Meh...basic black. Goes with my wardrobe.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12