Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Docs to go todays twitt: weŽll update you soon
    I found this tweet just 09:05 a.m pacific time south america

DATA VIZ INC
    "Call me crazy, but I think there's a bunch of folks interested in DocsToGo for #webOS Thanks for all the feedback, we'll update u soon."

http://twitter.com/DataVizInc
    Last edited by akitayo; 02/18/2010 at 08:42 AM.
    I guess they got a ton of spam yesterday from all us upset people.
  3.    #3  
    Sure had
    Hey, went to DataViz's webpage and they have a Palm Pre up now, everyone should go on this page and click under the Pre and register your email address. The more people that do this, the faster they will move!

PDA Software - BlackBerry Software, iPhone Software, iPod touch Software, Palm OS Software, webOS Software, Google Android Software, Windows Mobile Software, Windows Smartphone Software, Symbian S60 Software - Developed By DataViz
    Given the HUGE wait...I will believe it when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Hey, went to DataViz's webpage and they have a Palm Pre up now, everyone should go on this page and click under the Pre and register your email address. The more people that do this, the faster they will move!

PDA Software - BlackBerry Software, iPhone Software, iPod touch Software, Palm OS Software, webOS Software, Google Android Software, Windows Mobile Software, Windows Smartphone Software, Symbian S60 Software - Developed By DataViz

Agreed... I added my e-mail again yesterday... and I think I've added it prior at least once or twice.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    That's a good sign. It is quite frustrating when I need to access an excel or word document, and realize that I'm not close to a computer and don't have my PalmOS Clie with me. The Pre doc viewer has so many issues, such as tables cut off on the right side, and pdf files not zooming in enough (text still too small). Add to that the inability to edit anything.

I also added my email to the notification, hope they speed things up. It is rare that I really can't wait to pay for an app that probably will be quite expensive. (remembering the prices of the PalmOS version)
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    added my email address
  9.    #9  
    direct link to notify me:
    Documents To Go for palm webOS
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I've installed the PalmOS version in Classic, but you need a stylus to use it! Left my e-mail address on the notify me page.
    I added my email just show that we want this app in the catalog asap.

10 years of work with Palm and they pull this crap. I kind of hope another company beats them to it. Would serve them right.
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    added my email address
    +1
    what we need is a mobile version of open office.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    10 years of work with Palm and they pull this crap. I kind of hope another company beats them to it. Would serve them right.
    damn right! I'm sure they were among first partners to know about and have access to webos too. It wouldn't surprise me if Pre sales are suffering because of this as well. About 2 monthes ago a friend of mine was boasting how he's got full version of docs to go on his droid... I was so upset at dataviz I was 'almost' ready to go down to their hq in person and make some noise... o.0
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post

Just like the 7 years of work with Palm before they developed an entirely new version of DocsToGo for the highly successful Foleo launch.

Dataviz spent a great deal of resources developing it, and 3 months after the announcement, with no devices on the market yet, Palm killed it.

Can you really blame them for being skeptical this time around?
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I added my email addy when I got my launch pre - and they dutifully notified me every time they produced or updated everybody else's operating system...
    Last edited by tarhead; 02/18/2010 at 01:37 PM. Reason: i'm old and cranky
    Wonderful to see they responded to our little uproar. Nice work, everyone!
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I have since become a fan of theirs on facebook - and I post a request for a web os version regularly...
    I'm also wondering if they're not waiting for something in the SDK to make their app workable (or, perhaps now utilizing the PDK). I know that Evernote's app has been severely limited in how it shows information--no pinch and zoom, for example, the formatting is quite messed up, etc. Evernote's been very good about keeping their app updated, and so it might be that there are limitations with how documents are handled that have been causing problems.

Really, this is my guess as to why it's not yet been released, and my fervent hope that the needed SDK enhancements will come soon (or that the PDK can be used instead). We'll see.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I've added all my email addresses to their website, and some more than once over the last few months..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast