Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    so then.. you know when your writing a text or an email and notice you have made a mistake. Is there way to up / down / left / right arrow like you can do on the treo ? OR is just just a case like I've been doing of tapping on the screen till the cursor is in the right place ?

thanks

Steve
    The most accurate way is to hold the orange (grey on Plus) square button and swipe anywhere on screen to move the cursor.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    The most accurate way is to hold the orange (grey on Plus) square button and swipe anywhere on screen to move the cursor.
    This way works pretty well, but I'd like to see an actual keyboard way of doing this. Something like holding 'Sym' and using WASD to move around in a text field. It would be more accurate, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    This way works pretty well, but I'd like to see an actual keyboard way of doing this. Something like holding 'Sym' and using WASD to move around in a text field. It would be more accurate, at least.
    Yes, and we also should have a way to tab between input fields with the keyboard.
    Maybe hold "shift" and tap "sym".
    I made a thread just for that a few months ago, but it fell on deaf ears.
    Oh well. Maybe soon.
    Yes, and we also should have a way to tab between input fields with the keyboard.
    Maybe hold "shift" and tap "sym".
    I made a thread just for that a few months ago, but it fell on deaf ears.
    Oh well. Maybe soon.
    Yes, please! I logged on today to search see if there was a way to tab - would be very helpful on the web.
    I get it. And, I'm not one to scoff at another's "wants". But, how can that be any easier than simply touching the next field with your finger?

I realize that you have to take your hand off the keyboard to touch the next field, but its not like you're doing this while driving.....RIGHT?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    I get it. And, I'm not one to scoff at another's "wants". But, how can that be any easier than simply touching the next field with your finger?

I realize that you have to take your hand off the keyboard to touch the next field, but its not like you're doing this while driving.....RIGHT?
    Honestly, the iPhone has the best method of moving the cursor. For those of you that haven't seen it, you hold your finger down on the text and the area is magnified so that you can drag left or right with pinpoint precision. One of the few areas where iPhone beats WebOS
    i like the way the iphone does copy/paste of a web page its similar to how it would be on a comp.
    I agree, OP. It usually takes me 3 or 4 taps to get the cursor between the two letters that I need to go to. Occassionally I've even hit the "send" button and the whole mess gets sent.

I miss the arrows that I had with my Treo
    Works! thanks
    Works! thanks
    Anytime.