Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Sorry, new user here with a dumb question. How the heck do I delete an app that I don't want? I downloaded a few when I first got it and think it may be interfereing with Gmail and syncing my contacts. I want to uninstall it to be sure. I can't figure it out.

Thanks
    Hold down the "Orange" Key and tap the icon.

If you have Preware, you can also uninstall apps by going into the "Installed Packages" listing, choosing the right one and use the "remove" option.

You can also go to the "Device Info" App, choose "More Options", select the "Software" tab, then select the App from the list, you will get the same option to delete you would get from the "Orange + tap" method.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    in launcher, tap the drop down menu in the top left corner. Select List Apps... You can deleted apps there.
    or what Spader said.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I knew there was an easy way to do it. Why couldn't I find that info anywhere? I was SO frustrated. Kinda like right now trying to get Gmail to import my contacts.

Thanks!
    did you look in the help app on the phone. I have had 3 friends who never bothered to look at the help app and it answers alot of basic questions.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I had this question when I first got the phone too.... I did a google search on the phone and it was the first link
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    did you look in the help app on the phone. I have had 3 friends who never bothered to look at the help app and it answers alot of basic questions.
    +1 on this. The Help app is actually quite good on WebOS. Typing in "delete an app" finds the answer to this question right away.
    How do you permanently delete apps which reappear after deletion? These seem to be apps which are no longer available, or moved to paid apps:

- Pretris
    -Shopping List
    - Moon Exposure Calculator

It does not matter if I delete using orange button or remove from list of applications.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami View Post
    How do you permanently delete apps which reappear after deletion? These seem to be apps which are no longer available, or moved to paid apps:

- Pretris
    -Shopping List
    - Moon Exposure Calculator

It does not matter if I delete using orange button or remove from list of applications.
    Try removing via Preware, or WebOSQuickInstall. I don't know, but that might help as I believe it preforms a more complete deletion than the standard method does.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    there's an app for that.
    Waaaaaaay too funny!!!!!!

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    These problem apps don't show up as applications in WebOSQuick Install; I think in each case, they were "homebrew" apps which became paid apps. When luna is restarted they reappear - frustrating, but don't really want erase phone and start over.

agreed, very very stupid problem to have......which i always have now :-(
    all you need to do is a partial erase and this fixed this issue for me thats all i could find to fix except going to the doctor
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->