View Poll Results: Does your Pre Plus double-type letters or miss them entirely, and do you see lag?

Voters
984. You may not vote on this poll
  • Double-letters ONLY.

78 7.93%
  • Missed letters ONLY.

43 4.37%
  • Input lag ONLY.

8 0.81%
  • Double-letters and missed letters, but NO input lag.

183 18.60%
  • Double-letters and input lag, but NO missed letters.

29 2.95%
  • Missed letters and input lag, but NO double-letters.

41 4.17%
  • Double-letters, missed letters, AND input lag.

434 44.11%
  • No typing problems.

168 17.07%
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Update. Palm is replacing my device. Shipped it last week.
    Originally Posted by PDAGeek
    I had the same problem. Multiple and missed letters in every sentance. It was so frustrating having to back on every sentance and enter a letter or back space and make corrections. If your a heavy email and text user like myself then I know how frustrated you are getting.

I followed your steps Adam and it fix my issue.

Here is what I did

1) Powe off your Pre
    2) Hard press all the keys with your thumb about 10 times
    3) Hard press each key individually fast 15 times
    4) Power up your pre

I have two phones and this fixed the problem on both
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hi All,

Anyone that has the pre plus and installed 1.4 update, is the keyboard issue gone?

Thanks

Boobie1998
    I got my first Pre from Verizon on January 25. My wife got a Pixi. My Pre typed double letters and would sometimes skip letters from the beginning. My wife's Pixi never had this problem but she was dissatisfied with its speed and small screen so she replaced it with a Pre. Her Pre never doubled letters but she would experience double letters when she typed on my Pre. I replaced my Pre and the keyboard problem went away but the slider was much looser than on my first Pre or with my wife's Pre so I got a third one. No complaints at all. The keyboard types beautifully and the slider is tight and sturdy.

Palm Vx, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p
    My Pre Plus still has the typing issues after installing 1.4 and I have already tried the key-mashing fix to no success.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boobie1998 View Post
    Hi All,

Anyone that has the pre plus and installed 1.4 update, is the keyboard issue gone?
    My keyboard has gotten better with usage, but it does still occasionally enter a double letter, and 1.4 doesn't seem to have changed that in any way.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    My keyboard has gotten better with usage, but it does still occasionally enter a double letter, and 1.4 doesn't seem to have changed that in any way.
    I was hoping it would have fix it as I was looking to get a pre plus instead of pixi plus. I wanted the bigger screen.

Boobie1998
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I was hoping it would have fix it as I was looking to get a pre plus instead of pixi plus. I wanted the bigger screen.

Boobie1998
    Well, you should keep in mind that the majority of people are probably not having issues with their keyboard. This is a forum where people go to discuss such problems, so the poll results above are going to be skewed towards the negative end. Also, people who have gotten replacement phones are reporting keyboards that work fine. Finally, many of the problematic keyboards are getting better with usage and/or "mashing". Don't give up!
    I had been having this issue terribly. After I pushed on all the keys hard and kinda ran my fingers around the keyboard pushing hard, it seems to have mostly fixed, maybe 99%. But, the thing is, it seems to "click" different, like the keys arent down all the way. The no longer have a sharp click but a softer click and feels more sturdy. I do seem to have to do this every so often though, maybe once a week, but it works for me
    Thanks to all who have provided help with the issue. We have received a large sampling of devices and actively researching the issue. At this time we no longer need more devices for this issue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I HATE my Pre Plus keyboard at this point because of this problem. The 'n' key is notorious. I can tap it three times in a row and get nothing or tap it once and get three 'n's' at other times. And it also has the lag problem. It seems that at first it was just the 'n' key. Then it spread to the 'e' key. Now almost half the keys have this problem. 1.4 didn't solve this.
    Hi All,

Thanks

Boobie1998
    No, it's definitely not gone. Mine is just as bad as it was before.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Thanks to all who have provided help with the issue. We have received a large sampling of devices and actively researching the issue. At this time we no longer need more devices for this issue.
    I received My replacement device today, the insert says a "Small Inner box" was included, I to not see such a thing. Do they want me to pack the old device back in the new device's Pre-box? or just place the device, along with all accessories, into the original mailer box loose?

Thank you and Palm again for be so receptive.

Already, though it may just be psychological, the keyboard feels different. Also of note the meid on the box was not the phone's meid, so pull yours from under the battery just in case
    Last edited by MiDoJo; 03/02/2010 at 11:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Hi All,

Thanks

Boobie1998
    This is a hardware end issue NOT a software. There is no reason to think any amount of software/firmware updates will to ANYthing
    Hi All,

Thanks

Boobie1998
    Maybe I just wasn't typing enough to notice it before because I didn't think I had it, but I definitely have the keyboard issue post-1.4 update. I bought my Pre Plus in early Feb.
    More Word from Palm as of 3:30 today: Call your carrier. It's a hardware issue. I know of two instances where a replacement fixed it 100%. Mine is another case of the same. They were happy to help They actually said no one had recorded it.
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    More Word from Palm as of 3:30 today: Call your carrier. It's a hardware issue. I know of two instances where a replacement fixed it 100%. Mine is another case of the same. They were happy to help They actually said no one had recorded it.
    Good to know.. i was hoping 1.4 would fix it a bit, but no luck. Looks I'll try to get a replacement device. Is it possible if I'm already (just a week too...) over the 30 days?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    I take it by your post Verizon is replacing them or anyone with this issue should call palm? Just wanted to make sure if it happen to me I know who to call.

Thanks

Boobie1998
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holly02042 View Post
    Good to know.. i was hoping 1.4 would fix it a bit, but no luck. Looks I'll try to get a replacement device. Is it possible if I'm already (just a week too...) over the 30 days?
    Curious as well if after the 30 days will verizon and/or palm will replace it. I'm not sure but I would think yes since it has a 1 year manufacture warranty. If different please advise.

Boobie1998
    I got the same answer, software. The fact that you can type slowly (i.e. with one hand) and get many less errors (and less input lag) seems to support this. Yet- I know two friends who have gotten brand new replacements, and have no more issues whatsoever.

Regardless, when I called Verizon Data Technical Support yesterday, they didn't seem to have knowledge of this issue, and so called Palm directly. I got a call back about 45 minutes later. The answer I received was "Palm says: 'First we have heard of this.' " At the advice of Palm, they decided not to send me a refurbished unit, and are sending me to the store for a brand new replacement. Yay!

Are we getting the runaround? I hope not. But miscommunication seems to be happening somewhere. What department exactly were you speaking to/sending results to? 400-ish polled users with some sort of issue isn't terrible, but it is significant enough to generate interest.
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast