View Poll Results: Does your Pre Plus double-type letters or miss them entirely, and do you see lag?

Voters
984. You may not vote on this poll
  • Double-letters ONLY.

78 7.93%
  • Missed letters ONLY.

43 4.37%
  • Input lag ONLY.

8 0.81%
  • Double-letters and missed letters, but NO input lag.

183 18.60%
  • Double-letters and input lag, but NO missed letters.

29 2.95%
  • Missed letters and input lag, but NO double-letters.

41 4.17%
  • Double-letters, missed letters, AND input lag.

434 44.11%
  • No typing problems.

168 17.07%
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Just switched my 3 week old Pre Plus for a new one because of multiple letters and dropped letters. I was within the 30 day period, so I got a brand new one right out of the box. Keyboard is fine now. If your 30 days are not up, trade for a new one. Since this fixed my issue, I'm thinking hardware related?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raleighretalk View Post
    Just switched my 3 week old Pre Plus for a new one because of multiple letters and dropped letters. I was within the 30 day period, so I got a brand new one right out of the box. Keyboard is fine now. If your 30 days are not up, trade for a new one. Since this fixed my issue, I'm thinking hardware related?
    What do you need to actually doo that? I guess doing a hard reset to deelete evverything before taking it to the store or do they do it there?
    Also, do you have to bring the box and everything or just the device? Can you do it in a single day oor you hhave to come back?

Thanks!
    I had all the issues described with double letters, missed letters, and lag on my pre plus. I had to get a new pre plus from Verizon because it apparently is not designed to handle falling down a flight of stairs. Much to my surprise, I don't have the typing issues on the new phone. If they show up again, I'll warranty return the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by VVoltz View Post
    What do you need to actually doo that? I guess doing a hard reset to deelete evverything before taking it to the store or do they do it there?
    Also, do you have to bring the box and everything or just the device? Can you do it in a single day oor you hhave to come back?

Thanks!
    Yes, do a complete wipe of your phone before bringing it back in.

Along with that, does anyone know what else I would need to bring/do in order to exchange my phone? Besides bringing in the receipt.
    I was so looking forward to my new Palm Pre Plus, but after owning the phone for a few weeks I am plagued with almost every know issue! Screen discoloration, bad GPS, touch stone charger issues.

Now the phone is completely deciding not to send or receive calls randomly! (typically after it's been on the touchstone all night) I heard it could be due to the fact that I have wifi on, but that is NOT acceptable!

I thought the double characters issues was due to me, but now after seeing this I am even more disappointed. I am going to have to return my phone to Verizon and hope the next Pre is better.

I am sick of having to restart my pre 2-3 times a day, this is ridiculous!
    I had the double character/no character problem like crazy on my Pre+ (and was getting a fair amount of ragging from people for the wonky texts and posts). I did the thumb mash and then rapid type fix, and now there's no problem at all. Still a little lag, though, from time to time, especially the gray key.

Now if only the GPS would start working accurately.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by el donaldo View Post
    I had the double character/no character problem like crazy on my Pre+ (and was getting a fair amount of ragging from people for the wonky texts and posts). I did the thumb mash and then rapid type fix, and now there's no problem at all. Still a little lag, though, from time to time, especially the gray key.

Now if only the GPS would start working accurately.
    I think everyone should try this before returning their Pre. I had the double typing problem and now it's gone.

The way I solved (solve) my GPS issue with the Pre+ is to start Google Maps, then start the verizon navigator app. I didnt pay for it, I just open it. After the verizon app is open and you get to the screen asking if you want to buy it, just card it and go back to google maps. I usually get a GPS lock pretty quickly after that.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I returned my Pre+ recently due to a bit of Oreo and the keyboard issue (along with GPS, but what are you going to do about that one). My new one has a worse problem with the keyboard but no oreo effect so far. GPS is just as bad or worse so far.

Tried the button mash and rapid press fix with marginal results.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    Yes, do a complete wipe of your phone before bringing it back in.

Along with that, does anyone know what else I would need to bring/do in order to exchange my phone? Besides bringing in the receipt.
    I did the exchange yesterday, they did not ask for the receipt or even tested the faulty device, I got a brand new one.

I can tell you, the keyboard seems different, I'm sure they did fix their production lines as this feels different from my earlier one.
    Props to Palm for keeping this streamlined and quiet.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I was just going to return my phone today, but I thought what the heck and tried your key mashing fix. Can't believe it actually worked! Kudos! \

Now if someone would just make a touchstone compatible extra capacity battery, I'd actually be more or less happy with the phone
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post

The way I solved (solve) my GPS issue with the Pre+ is to start Google Maps, then start the verizon navigator app. I didnt pay for it, I just open it. After the verizon app is open and you get to the screen asking if you want to buy it, just card it and go back to google maps. I usually get a GPS lock pretty quickly after that.
    I've had good luck so far with just turning an Google Services off and back on again. Once I've done that Google Maps works just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar_69 View Post
    Thank God!! I thought it was only me! I was thinking that it was me switching to the Palm Pre Plus's smaller keyboard that was causing me to make these kinds of mistakes. I get double letters, missed letters and input lag.
    I really hate to say this but I think I am returning my Palm Pre and gonna wait for the Nexus one. The battery life on the pre is HORRIBLE. Then it keeps randomly shutting off on me and the only way to turn it back on is to remove the battery and put it back in. Quite honestly it's annoying and very difficult to remove the battery.
    It's a shame I really wanted to keep the Palm Pre I liked it sooo much
    Well here is an update, I returned my Palm to the store as many of you sugjested. I got a brand new one and BAM all the typing issues are gone. No more lag, no more double leters, no more missing letters. This is gonna sound wierd, but this new Pre I got seems a lil diffrent. The key baord seems more.. clicky.. kinda like the Pixies, much better. Also the sliding mechanism on this Pre seems more sturdy. glad I decided to stay with Palm.. Just wish the damn battery would last longer!! P.S. speaking of the battery, the battery on this Pre is SOOO much easier to take out also..Flips right out!!
    Palm is looking to collect some devices that are having the keyboard issues. If you are willing to assist in this process please send me a Private message with your palm profile email address.

Thank you
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I also returned my Palm and it feels diffrent. The key baord seems more.. clicky.. kinda like the Pixies, much better. Also the sliding mechanism on this Pre seems more sturdy.
    Also the battery on this Pre is SOOO much easier to take out also..Flips right out. Not sure if they make improvements on the next models that are comming out? But i love it!!
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    I've had good luck so far with just turning an Google Services off and back on again. Once I've done that Google Maps works just fine.
    Starting Verizon Navigator first ALWAYS works for me. It seems like an easier compromise too. I have noticed that if I close Verizon nav after I get a lock in Google Maps, I will lose the lock and go back to an approximate AGPS lock.

This needs to be fixed. I don't really believe that Verizon did this on purpose, but it needs to be addressed.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar_69 View Post
    I also returned my Palm and it feels diffrent. The key baord seems more.. clicky.. kinda like the Pixies, much better. Also the sliding mechanism on this Pre seems more sturdy.
    Also the battery on this Pre is SOOO much easier to take out also..Flips right out. Not sure if they make improvements on the next models that are comming out? But i love it!!
    My replacement device doesn't do double letters anymore, but the slider is much less sturdy and wobbles around. Honestly, I'm afraid to trade it in for another one. I'm just happy I can type an e-mail or SMS without correcting every word.

I love Web OS, but i wonder if Palm would have done much better in sales of these devices if they had simply built better hardware or contracted that part out to HTC. The hardware is subpar at best.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhulk View Post
    Starting Verizon Navigator first ALWAYS works for me. It seems like an easier compromise too. I have noticed that if I close Verizon nav after I get a lock in Google Maps, I will lose the lock and go back to an approximate AGPS lock.

This needs to be fixed. I don't really believe that Verizon did this on purpose, but it needs to be addressed.
    I think I might not be getting my point across clearly. My fix is a ONE TIME thing that you need to do, and after you do it your GPS (or at least mine) will work without a problem INDEFINITELY. I don't know why it works, but flipping that Google Services switch just once clears up the problems for me completely. After I do that I can turn back on the Google Services and background data collection if I want to. This fix even seems to stick through resets. Give it a try!
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    I think I might not be getting my point across clearly. My fix is a ONE TIME thing that you need to do, and after you do it your GPS (or at least mine) will work without a problem INDEFINITELY. I don't know why it works, but flipping that Google Services switch just once clears up the problems for me completely. After I do that I can turn back on the Google Services and background data collection if I want to. This fix even seems to stick through resets. Give it a try!
    I did that already. It was the first thing I did when I got my Pre Plus. Not only did it not resolve the issue at that point in time, it didn't seem to do anything at all. I'd be interested to see if it worked for anyone else, but for me, it hasn't. And I had more issues getting a gps lock when it was off than when it was on.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhulk View Post
    I did that already. It was the first thing I did when I got my Pre Plus. Not only did it not resolve the issue at that point in time, it didn't seem to do anything at all. I'd be interested to see if it worked for anyone else, but for me, it hasn't. And I had more issues getting a gps lock when it was off than when it was on.
    Fair enough. It's interesting that we've gotten such different results from what I had assumed was a software error. It is possible that I actually did some simultaneous combination of having VZ Nav open and turning off Google Services. Perhaps that would make a difference.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Fair enough. It's interesting that we've gotten such different results from what I had assumed was a software error. It is possible that I actually did some simultaneous combination of having VZ Nav open and turning off Google Services. Perhaps that would make a difference.
    In my experience, VZ nav has to be open at least during the initial lock. I usually leave it open in the background anyway as long as I'm using the GPS because, as I've said, I sometimes lose the lock if I close it and the Pre Plus has a ******** amount of memory for cards now.

There is also patches and tweaks to take into account. I have a handful of them applied from Preware and any combination could make a difference.
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast