View Poll Results: Does your Pre Plus double-type letters or miss them entirely, and do you see lag?

Voters
984. You may not vote on this poll
  • Double-letters ONLY.

78 7.93%
  • Missed letters ONLY.

43 4.37%
  • Input lag ONLY.

8 0.81%
  • Double-letters and missed letters, but NO input lag.

183 18.60%
  • Double-letters and input lag, but NO missed letters.

29 2.95%
  • Missed letters and input lag, but NO double-letters.

41 4.17%
  • Double-letters, missed letters, AND input lag.

434 44.11%
  • No typing problems.

168 17.07%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    My Pre + had the double and triple click problem. At first I thought it was just me, but it seemed to get worse. I read some threads on the subject and decided it was a hardware problem and not a fat fingers problem. I exchanged my phone two days ago and the new one works perfectly. My only issue is that I lost some data in the exchange. I am not a happy camper about that, but I was ready to through in the towel with the way the keyboard was (not)working.

I say exchange your phone. Good luck.

lauralitz
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lauralitz View Post
    My Pre + had the double and triple click problem. At first I thought it was just me, but it seemed to get worse. I read some threads on the subject and decided it was a hardware problem and not a fat fingers problem. I exchanged my phone two days ago and the new one works perfectly. My only issue is that I lost some data in the exchange. I am not a happy camper about that, but I was ready to through in the towel with the way the keyboard was (not)working.

I say exchange your phone. Good luck.

lauralitz
    Hi Lauralitz,
    Thanks for the positive anecdote and vote of confidence! Sorry to hear that you lost some data. Google owns my entire life, so hopefully I won't have the same problem when I switch
    yes. I have double letter input problems. I used to think it was me having issues adapting to a new keypad. However I've been carefl. Most of mmy problems have been the double key (and somes three). The lag only happens during launcher search...the first few letters get chopped. I'm not sure it happpens all the ime. I was typing an email esterday and it occurred multiple time in several words. However it hassnt happened much in this posting. Usually facebook and email.

I might turn the phone in for another one before my hirty days are up.
    I too have been dealing with doubled and tripled letters and the same one along with missed letters. At on point i had the n button kept going as if i was holding the button in and it put about 6-8 n's down before i stopped it. I was really hoping it wasn't a hardware fault but seems to be that way.

I was the very first person in my local Verizon store to buy the pre on the release day and i'm quite upset that i will have to head in to replace it tomorrow. P.s anyone else having issues where the ringer and text sounds wont work , i have had like 3 times where i look down and see 2 or 3 missed calls and texts where i didn't hear anything and it took me rebooting to get it to work?!
    I also posted this in the other thread i saw about this issue, I just turned my pre off and went through the keypad pressing the letters in rapidly and then holding them in, followed by swiping my thumb across all the keys pressing them in; turned it back on and actually typed a full paragraph double and triple letter and space free.

anyone who has this problem i highly suggest you give this a shot!
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adam Ballweg View Post
    I also posted this in the other thread i saw about this issue, I just turned my pre off and went through the keypad pressing the letters in rapidly and then holding them in, followed by swiping my thumb across all the keys pressing them in; turned it back on and actually typed a full paragraph double and triple letter and space free.

anyone who has this problem i highly suggest you give this a shot!
    Hey Adam,
    Thanks for the tip. I'd be really interested in hearing how your fix plays out over the long run. Are you sure that it's actually a fix and not just a lucky error-free paragraph? I've found that my keyboard will go for long stretches without any errors and then suddenly start messing up all over the place. Keep us posted so we know if this fix actually sticks.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    I just exchanged my Pre for another because of this exact issue. It was really bad for me, some letters would duplicate every single time and frequently others wouldn't register taps at all.

The new phone I have received doesn't seem to be doing it (at least not as frequently), but it has a loose slider hinge. Palm really dropped the ball on the quality of the hardware on these phones, which is sad because I really love the OS.

I suspect this is actually more of a software issue. When you hold down a key, it repeats, so it's almost like some kind of lag where the OS registers that you're holding down a key (too sensitive) or misses a press entirely (lag).
    I have a launch day Verizon pre plus and have not noticed any problems with the keyboard. I am a slow typist on the phone because I do not text much but my pre plus seems rock solid.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I had all the problems that you are speaking above - I was hoping that there was a patch that was out there, or that 1.4 update would take care of this problem. But it was becoming more notibable, and more of an issues as days go on, and now solid confirmed update.

So I took my trusty Palm to Verizon - and they Gladly replacded it with out any questions at all - with a new one, from a new box. Not refurbished like you usaually get when a phone acts up, and they state that the replacment phone is as good as new.

I have to admit - it works perfect now - new phone.... I love it, better than the Droid, Storms 2, Tour, Bold, Iphone, etc.... This is by far the BEST - Smooth, fits nice in my hand, etc.....
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Adam I also tried what you suggested and it however didn't fix my typing problem. The double letters sometime triple lettering got on my nerves. I hated correcting myself after every text, email, or just typing a memo. I wasn't patience enough to wait for the 1.4 update, so I settled on the Pixi +. There is lag galore compared to the P+, but the keyboard on it, made me feel right @ home. Plus I wanted to keep using WebOs. I know this isn't a true solution for the die hard Pre + lovers, but I needed a phone with a keyboard that would @ least give me true "operator malfunction" errors.
    I have a Palm Pre on the Sprint Network and mine does "Double-letters, missed letters, AND input lag." (Dont worry... I didnt vote above). It is mainly my space-bar that is the worst offender. It frequently (at least once per sentence will put in more spaces than I typed).

As for the input lag, that is only when my whole device is slow so I chalk that up to just low memory.
    I have a VZ pre plus & hafta say the keyboar is my biggest peeve with it. There, it just missed a d. When I press hard on the kkeys it seems to have very few misse or oubble letters, but normal typing is kinda annoying. Other than that, itpretty muh rocks
    Yes, I am seeing these problems. I have a Palm Pre+ on Verizon...got it on launch day! Now I love this phone, but nothing is perfect, and I am seeing some of these issues.

I was worried that there were some manufacturing errors in the construction of my keyboard. I see double/triple lettering issues, and missed letters too (even thought I feel the click of the button). The lag has happened to me also, but not as often as the first two issues.

Some of the time it is my error, but many of them are unexplained.
    It seems to come and go when the phone does a garbage collect. No problems if I manually GC it.
    I had issues with my first one, I walked in with a list of issues though. The double letter issue was the issue that they replaced it for. My replacement unit has not had any issue with double typing letters.
    Adam Ballweg wrote:
    P.s anyone else having issues where the ringer and text sounds wont work , i have had like 3 times where i look down and see 2 or 3 missed calls and texts where i didn't hear anything and it took me rebooting to get it to work?!
    I thought I had this problem, but I think I had accidentally turned on the silent switch (by the power button). I'm pretty oblivious though, because at that time, I didn't even know what the switch was for!
    I too have found all three probs on my verizon plus. In fact, as I type this I woont make corrections...note the double o in won't). I never had the prob with my regular pre on sprint, but have found it to be an annoyance with my verizon plus. Thus, I don't think it does much good for sprint users to weigh in on this issue. It seems to happen a lot when I'm typing emails. Every few sentences or more.. Initially I thought I just had a prob with my m key, but others have foollowed suit. I certainly hope this is a software glitch than can be worked out, otherwise I would expect palm to be offering up replacements.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    "This is a test to see if my palm pre plus from verizon wireless has any input prblems, such as double letters and blankk letters."

Well, there you have it. I've been experiencing this issue siince I got it one week after lauch. I thought it was me, so thanks for letting me know. Gotta call verizon!
    I dont have a plus, I am on Sprint, but I am having these problems, not fair that I can't vote... I am having major problems with mine....
    I have a Pre Plus with Verizon. Mine was totally fine until a week ago. I thought it was just me until I saw this, but it has been pretty bad. Mine not only double types sometimes and misses letters that I definitely felt click, but I also had it get stuck pressing the y key until I just hit enter and sent the message.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast