View Poll Results: Does your Pre Plus double-type letters or miss them entirely, and do you see lag?

Voters
984. You may not vote on this poll
  • Double-letters ONLY.

78 7.93%
  • Missed letters ONLY.

43 4.37%
  • Input lag ONLY.

8 0.81%
  • Double-letters and missed letters, but NO input lag.

183 18.60%
  • Double-letters and input lag, but NO missed letters.

29 2.95%
  • Missed letters and input lag, but NO double-letters.

41 4.17%
  • Double-letters, missed letters, AND input lag.

434 44.11%
  • No typing problems.

168 17.07%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast
    I noticed after the update you really have to press the keys to get some to register. If I use my fingernail I never have a problem but if I use the corner of my finger sometimes I get missed keys. I suspect they adjusted the sensitivity somehow.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Was having a lot of doubles, spending as much time backspacing and correcting as forming words. Just upgraded to 1.4.1.1 on my VZ Pre Plus, and pretty much fixed! Still a very occasional double and a very occasional missed letter, but oh so much better.

FWIW, holding the phone and typing with the same one hand results in more problems for me, probably because I can't get leverage to press the keys firmly enough. Switching to two hands works much better for me.
    For those who overclock and just downloaded 1.4.1:

Do NOT use the superprekernal. You will end up having double characters again. This is as the code is based on 1.4.0 which means you basically just reverted your phone to use the old keyboard timing..

Instead, download the uberkernal. This is based on 1.4.1 code which results in NO double characters, while enjoying 800mhz speed.
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    I had very few double letters before the update and ever fewer skipped letters. Since the update, I get a lot of skipped letters. It started happening imediately after the update. I don't do a lot of texting but I do hope this is something they can fix in the next update...
    Verizon Pre Plus owner since 03-24-2010
    I often miss letters. Most of the time, letter "h." Otherwise, I type pretty well and accurately on my lovely Pre
    my keyboard is horrid. i don't even like the phone because of it but I paid & can't get a refund & another phone will be expensive. Why can't this be fixed?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccrider View Post
    my keyboard is horrid. i don't even like the phone because of it but I paid & can't get a refund & another phone will be expensive. Why can't this be fixed?
    Sounds to me like the problem could be fixed. Get a replacement. If you're outside the 30-day trial period as your comment suggests then you'll get a refurbished unit, but hopefully it won't have the same problems.
    After update to v1.4.1.1, I don't have double letters problem, but I have lag input and miss letter problem especially key 'R'. I need to press harder and slower each time I type 'R'.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I switched to a Pre about 3 weeks ago. First one lasted about 4 days before I returned it. I noticed that many of the letter keys down the middle of the keyboard and also along the top row, often had issues when I typed.
    I updated the new one to 1.4.1.1 before doing anything else and it has been a little better. Still find if I type at what used to be normal on my Centro, I get some missed letters. Still mostly down the middle and along the top row. I have never had the double letter issue on either of the Pre's I have used.

Looks like I am a rarity.

I wish there was some fix for this as I really don't want to bring it back again.
    Voted: Missed letters and input lag, but NO double-letters. My Sprint Pre (from Jun 6, 2009 release day) frequently misses letters and lags from time to time. No double letters, though.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    I have never had the double letter issue on either of the Pre's I have used.

Looks like I am a rarity.
    I would say you're only a rarity amongst the few hundred people that have come to this forum looking for information about their bad keyboard. The experiences of those voting and posting here is almost certainly not reflective of the experience of the majority of Pre Plus owners. Those with good keyboards don't go looking for posts like this one, so their experience is not well-represented here.
    I have 1.4.1.1 and am still having issues..

i have the "R" issue stated above,
    and ill get the issue where you type a letter and like "e" and get "eeeeeeeeee" and if i hit backspace it will erase pretty much the whole text message.

i dont feel like reading 19 pages of tips..... so what is generally speaking, what is the most effective option or fix for this: to date? thanks for all the help...
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oren217 View Post
    I have 1.4.1.1 and am still having issues..

i have the "R" issue stated above,
    and ill get the issue where you type a letter and like "e" and get "eeeeeeeeee" and if i hit backspace it will erase pretty much the whole text message.

i dont feel like reading 19 pages of tips..... so what is generally speaking, what is the most effective option or fix for this: to date? thanks for all the help...
    Hardware replacement. Unless, of course, you've gotten your keyboard all sticky by spilling something on it.
    I bought one off ebay, phones like new. pristine... just has this keyboard issue. s, x, and b give me the most issues.

Can a sprint keyboard fit in a pre plus?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I bought one off ebay, phones like new. pristine... just has this keyboard issue. s, x, and b give me the most issues.

Can a sprint keyboard fit in a pre plus?
    Yes, a number of those with Sprint Pre+'s have done this transplant. See the Sprint Conversion Step-by-Step thread.
    I voted for my husband. He has no issues. Except for his fat fingers. When I type on it I have no missing or double characters.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    You know I don't think this problem is exclusive to Verizon Pre+ phones. I have an AT&T Pre+ and started having issues with the "I" key missing periodically. Pretty much started 2 or 3 months after I got it. Lag in typing is pretty common in various apps. Lately I have started noticing repeating characters, too. That's pretty rare.
    Hope pre-2 keyboard is better
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I switched back to my BB Tour for the keyboard issue. Man I miss Webos. I actually still type on it here and there to make sure I can't put up with it. I love my palm, touch is great. Size is great but I can't get over the keyboard. I was such a huge BB ****** till I got my hands on this gem. Hope the keyboard gets resolved!
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Sorry, I didn't read far enough and I voted no problems, but I have a Pre Minus from Sprint.