View Poll Results: Does your Pre Plus double-type letters or miss them entirely, and do you see lag?

Voters
984. You may not vote on this poll
  • Double-letters ONLY.

78 7.93%
  • Missed letters ONLY.

43 4.37%
  • Input lag ONLY.

8 0.81%
  • Double-letters and missed letters, but NO input lag.

183 18.60%
  • Double-letters and input lag, but NO missed letters.

29 2.95%
  • Missed letters and input lag, but NO double-letters.

41 4.17%
  • Double-letters, missed letters, AND input lag.

434 44.11%
  • No typing problems.

168 17.07%
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    So I finally broke down and get a refurb from verizon and it seems to be 10000% better. Now truthfully, it feels like it did when I got it, so am i going down the same road? I hope not, but as of now, I can actually freaking type a text message!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
    So I finally broke down and get a refurb from verizon and it seems to be 10000% better. Now truthfully, it feels like it did when I got it, so am i going down the same road? I hope not, but as of now, I can actually freaking type a text message!
    Same here, my refurb is on it's way. Should get it on Monday.
    Just got mine 28 days ago, started off doing it a little and got progressively worse, got a new phone from verizon today- still doing it but not as badly- hoping it will not get worse like my other one.
    I hope they get a fix soon, but I have a feeling that it's hardware related not software. I could be and hope to be wrong on this point however.
    Finally had enough and went into my local Verizon store - manager played dumb and stated that I was the first one he had ever heard having problems with the Pre Plus. I damn near walked out and was going to flame some poor customer service rep at 611, but giving the man SOME credit he saw that I was getting ****ed and jumped on the computer to AMAZINGLY find that Verizon corporate had authorized stores to change out Palm Pres for anyone complaining about keyboard doubles and missed strokes.

My replacement comes tomorrow - lets see if THIS one is any better or do I reactivate my Treo 755p.
    I purchased my Pre Plus from Verizon the day it became available. I had read about the "double typing/texting" issue but had only experienced it occaisionally up until about 1 week ago. All of a sudden I'm getting double letters all the time????

So, should I return it to Palm or Verizon, as it seems those who have recv'd replacements from Palm do not have the problem. Then again, it sounds like some have recv'd replacements & the problem re-occurs...??

Also, have loaded several of my own apps (via Classic app)..how do you recommend transitioning to a replacement i.e. back up, etc?
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I have a lunch day Pre Plus, and only started seeing the doubling issue after the 1.4 patch. SO I think I have to throw my vote in for a software issue. I'm going to wait and see for a bit if there's a patch coming.
    Curious if anyone else began noticing this after 1.4.

BTW and totally off topic, but don't you think a board devoted to the Pre would add the word "Pre" to it's spell checker?
    *** pretty important ***

I finally made it into the mall and took my phone to the Verizon to tell my tale of the double letters. I pleaded my case and explained that I did a lot of research on the issue and that I love the phone but as a heavy txter/emailer, I would really appreciate a new unit because the double entry has grown unbearable.
    To my good fortune, the man helping me was a Palm user himself and understood my issue completely. 20 minutes later I walked out of the Verizon with a brand new Pre free of charge. I was so happy with the simple '1-2-switcheroo' SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR PEOPLE.
    *^^^ Oh and I suppose I forgot to mention that it works fine now.. oops =]
    Have received the replacement Pre. Was a little dismayed at what was NOT restored when I logged into my Pre profile. I'll have to do some battery swapping to get the file off the old phone before I have to send it back. The saga continues.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I received my replacement from Palm too, I had some issues when syncing my FB account but after an error message from the phone everything works great, keyboard never double types, I feel happy and hope this 3rd device is the one. Thanks to Palm for the prompt service.
    There's a pretty easy fix to this. At least it worked instantly for me but I'm not sure how long it will last. I saw it on another board but I can't remember where. Since I have my Pre Plus loaded with everything and it has a Phantom Skinz, I didn't want to go through the hassle of trading it in since everything else is great.

Simply power off the phone and remove the battery just in case. Then firmly run your fingers over all the keys making sure you press every one several times. Press multiple keys at once - it doesn't matter and it's easier that way.

After doing that I haven't had a double character on accident yet. I was getting them every other word before I did the fix action.
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    There's a pretty easy fix to this. At least it worked instantly for me but I'm not sure how long it will last. I saw it on another board but I can't remember where. Since I have my Pre Plus loaded with everything and it has a Phantom Skinz, I didn't want to go through the hassle of trading it in since everything else is great.

Simply power off the phone and remove the battery just in case. Then firmly run your fingers over all the keys making sure you press every one several times. Press multiple keys at once - it doesn't matter and it's easier that way.

After doing that I haven't had a double character on accident yet. I was getting them every other word before I did the fix action.
    I did this, but it didnt help. Should I go to VZ? I bought it on launch day +1 day, will I be eligible for a NEW replacement? and if so, what all do i need to return to the store? Only the phone? (cause i lost the accompanying cover...hope thats not a problem)
    wait!!! I did it again and seems to be working!! will it give up on me or is the cure permanent???
    I havee neever hd double chaars, or mssng ones. Started with 1.4
    I think it is a hardware issue related to the initial build inventory. My first unit was a few days into the launch and the keyboard was hard to press and it doubled constantly. I need a hammer to work the keys. A replacement new unit about 3 weeks after launch had an excellent keyboard. The camera broke in that unit and my current unit has the best keyboard yet. They progressively got better so maybe it was restricted to the initial units off the production line?

Just a theory......
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    I think it is a hardware issue related to the initial build inventory. My first unit was a few days into the launch and the keyboard was hard to press and it doubled constantly. I need a hammer to work the keys. A replacement new unit about 3 weeks after launch had an excellent keyboard. The camera broke in that unit and my current unit has the best keyboard yet. They progressively got better so maybe it was restricted to the initial units off the production line?

Just a theory......
    I just got mine a few weeks ago. Where is the build date? Do you have to decipher the codes on the box? Either way, it's day two after my key-rubbing fix and it seems to hold up.
    I'll update if anything changes.
    If you type ##786# in the phone app it will pull up detailed phone info. There is no build date but there is a warranty code date. Mine has 1/31/10. You can also see if it is a refurb unit here.

I was just speculating on the build dates given my last 2 units were a few months into the launch. I received them via 2 day Fedex from Verizon and they were not refurbs. I did not get them in the store which may have the older production units? Again just speculating........

All I know is that as I received new units the build quality was better overall (tighter sliders, etc.) and the keyboards were a lot better.
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    I too have the problems of missing letters, repeated letters and lag. Contacted Verizon yesterday and they stated they have no reported issues on the situation but they are sending me out a new phone

Jo-Ann
    I definitelly notice double and missig letters, but my prre is only 3 weeks old. I'm hoping this is just a software issue, especially since there have been so many users who've noted the problem only since 1.4 l'm goingg to try the keyrub solution, and post any results, positivve and neative