Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I'm really liking the Verizon Pre Plus, but don't want to pay $10/mo for Navigation. Anyone know how to extract the Sprint Navigation App and install it on the Verizon Palm Pre Plus?
    you could try switching to sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Before the Verizon Pre was released, I asked someone who had early access to test whether the Sprint Nav app worked on the Verizon Pre. He hadn't tried it before I had asked, but he later got back to me and said that it did not work. (The app is likely checking for a US based carrier other than Sprint, and not working in such a case, but this is just a theory on my part.) You're welcome to try it and report back whether you get the same or different results.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    The cool cats up in the Dominion are doing it so it's completely possible I would suspect.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...avigation+bell
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The cool cats up in the Dominion are doing it so it's completely possible I would suspect.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...avigation+bell
    Yes, that's why I had asked the person I did to check. If it worked, he would have given some contacts at Verizon (and perhaps subsequently Telenav) a heads up. I also believe this is exploitable but I don't have the hardware to try it. It's possible that it's keyed to the communications board in the phone, but based on what I've read in the Bell thread that you mentioned above, that does not seem to be the case. It likely does not work out of the box but it looks like the software on the phone (or it's configuration, or database settings) might be easily "gamed" so that this will work.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    thief
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the info guys. Will a full erase get rid of it, or will it require it to be Doctored?