Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I don't know if I was part of some sort of beta test or what, but last week I woke up to a little pop-up triangle on the far-left button (speaker icon) within the phone function.

What was great is that the pop-up allowed me to select either the word "speaker" or the word "private." It was VERY useful because it's so difficult to see the slight color change when you press the button as it is now. And since I could actually select a word it was SO EASY to see when it was on speaker or private.

Yesterday the feature was gone. Has this happened to anyone else? I would really like it back.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Seriously. I'm the only poster who experienced this?
    ...wasn't that a patch?
    yu prolly had a bluetooth connected so it was givin u the option btwn earpiece speaker or bluetooth
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Nope. Those don't explain what happened either. I've never patched anything & I don't have a bluetooth. It's even more of a mystery to me now if I'm the only one who experienced this.
    In the few days I had it I was able to show it to a few pre owners. They wanted to know how I got it because they wanted it.
    It's just weird that it appeared out of nowhere and then disappeared. If I didn't keep the pre pin-coded all the time I'd think someone was messing with me. Must have been aliens with a keycode breaker. That's now the only plausible explanation.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    --------------bump for the morning crowd------------------
    I'm a little confused, but no - I have never seen what you're talking about on my Pre.
    what did the "private" feature do
    this sounds like a patch, like slider to speaker or something like that... there is njo reason for the phone to give you an list selector of 1 function (speaker on, speaker off) when theres a bluetooth connected it gives you 3 options one "Normal", two "speaker" , three "bluetooth".

i call BS as i said there is absolutely no point to having a list selector when the function is on/off.

screenshots or it never happened
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    there is njo reason for the phone to give you an list selector of 1 function (speaker on, speaker off)
    OK. So there's no reason for it to have happened. Check. (I think I already figured that out on my own, but thanks.)

when theres a bluetooth connected it gives you 3 options one "Normal", two "speaker" , three "bluetooth".
    If you had read my posts I clearly stated that there was no bluetooth involved. Check.

i call BS as i said there is absolutely no point to having a list selector when the function is on/off.
    Logic much? If something has no point it couldn't have happened? Are you retarted? Since your post was a complete waste of time and added NOTHING to my query, why did you even bother posting? I don't give a shi.t if you even know the difference between BS and chocolate marshmallows. I posted here to see if what I described had happened to anyone else. That's all.

screenshots or it never happened
    I'll bet you were stellar in reading comprehension in school. Did you kinda, sorta miss the part about the feature disappearing? Um, yeah, a screen shot would have been nice but I described it well enough that anyone with the same thing would have known what I was talking about.

P.S. I do have to thank you, however. Your post and now my reply at least bumped the thread up so that perhaps someone else might read it and solve this little mystery (and maybe even explain how to get it again).
    actually by your own admission You Are PREtarted.. Pun intended.. Regardless when someone comes on here starts a thread about a "feature" that isn't even a feature that magically appeared and just as magically disappeared.. Someone needs to call BS.. Or maybe the aliens that have abducted you can verify this nonsense..

I could care less.. O so heres one more bump..
    No. I've never seen anything remotely like what you've described. Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Oh, for what it's worth, you've bungled your name. It should be PREtarded.
    im with the rest, screen shot or it didnt happen
    While I always suppose this might be some feature that is buried in the code somewhere and something happened that suddenly turned it on, and equally as suddenly turned it off. What were you doing with your phone immediately before it happened (I guess the night before)?

There is just no way that Palm (Sprint or whomever) pushed some feature to your phone and then pulled it from your phone. Why would the do this? If it truly was some sort of "beta test", first of all they would have to ask your permission to do this to your phone. And if we assumed that they didn't ask permission and just did this to your phone, what would be their goal? Unless they specifically ask your opinion of the feature they have no way of knowing if it would be useful or not.

So, while stopping short of calling it b.s., I say it is highly unlikely. If you were so anxious to show other Pre owners why didn't you capture a screenshot? Doing so is so easy. Also, you have been hanging around here long enough to have seen the "a picture or it didn't happen" mantra, so you have no excuse for not capturing one.

So, just try to reproduce what you were doing before it happened and if it does again, get a screenshot and prove all the doubters wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by PREtarted View Post
    I'll bet you were stellar in reading comprehension in school. Did you kinda, sorta miss the part about the feature disappearing? Um, yeah, a screen shot would have been nice but I described it well enough that anyone with the same thing would have known what I was talking about.
    Wow, attacking an individual to determent their argument... isn't that a logical fallacy of some kind?

The say is, screen shot or it never happened, because you need proof, words are just words and mean almost nothing, and even less when typed. Since you can not provide proof it means it never happened.
    no its never happened for me. and re tard has a D in it.
    Wow. So let me point out 2 things if i could.

1. Screenshots are easy to do and put to bed alot of questions. They are not always true, but they are neccesary for this matter of fact crowd.

2. Palm has screwed up in the past and some users got new features and others had no idea they were missing them. See yahoo im for example, or the lucky guy who doctored to 1.2? before it was released to the masses.

So its possible something amiss is going on. Too bad you didn't get screenshots. Unfortunately without them.... well you get the drift....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Wow. So let me point out 2 things if i could.

1. Screenshots are easy to do and put to bed alot of questions. They are not always true, but they are neccesary for this matter of fact crowd.

2. Palm has screwed up in the past and some users got new features and others had no idea they were missing them. See yahoo im for example, or the lucky guy who doctored to 1.2? before it was released to the masses.

So its possible something amiss is going on. Too bad you didn't get screenshots. Unfortunately without them.... well you get the drift....
    maybe so,however, for a "feature" that was never on your phone before ever!! not even after an update, to magically appear and disappear, is not the same as yahoo im being active on some and not on others
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I asked a similar question regarding this issue/bug/feature in this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-app-had.html
    Won't really provide any answers but I did post some screenshots.
    I had that drop down arrow one time a few months ago. I thought it was because I was using headphones but now that I tried it again, I can't replicate getting the arrow again. I never even realized that the arrow has never popped up again until i saw this thread. I've never used bluetooth so that couldn't be it either (the only two options it gave me were headphone and speaker).

I didn't need a pop up box or anything (pressing the button seams easier to me) but it does seem weird that I haven't seen it again.

And one other thing. What does PREtarted have to gain by lying about a feature as small as this? I could see if he said that his phone was already displaying flash or something but all he said was that he had a pop up with options. You guys need to chill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast