Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a couple of questions for all your Deactivated Pre's.

I bit the bullet and moved to Verizon. I got the Pixi though since i was really itching for a change in HARDWARE.

Before my Pixi was activated i placed my Pre on Airplane mode and so even though i have a working Pixi now, my Pre still works. Like a PDA. Kept the wifi off though.

I am currently on a different Palm Profile on my Pixi. I was hesitant about logging in to my Pre Palm Profile because i still want to use the wifi on my Pre.

1. If i sign in to my Old Palm Profile on my Pixi will that be a problem?

2. Can i turn the wifi on on my Pre and not cause any conflicts since i am on the same profile?

3. You think i can still download webOS updates on my Pre?

4. You think i can still download Adobe Flash when it comes out?

THANKS in advance guys!
    might wanns turn the pixi to a wif router thsy way you can update the pre.
    if you are using different profiles it will be fine, you can still use a deactivated pre on wifi and if you need to sell the pre, I'm looking for another one, pm me
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsjordan View Post
    if you are using different profiles it will be fine, you can still use a deactivated pre on wifi and if you need to sell the pre, I'm looking for another one, pm me
    No i want to use the same profile and that was my concern. Might cause my Pre to not function.

@raffy - thats a good idea but i will have to pay for the mobile hotspot. (or do i? )
    If you use a new profile on the Pixi, you can turn on the Pre and still get WebOS updates and access to the app catalog.
    yeah but has anyone been able to use the same profile on both phones? I will keep my Pre phone radio off.
    You can't use the same profile on two phones. Maybe if you kept wifi off, you would be able to stay signed in on the Pre, but then the phone is mostly useless...
    If you use the same profile you could cause some issues. Here is my initial thoughts on it working though.

This has not been tested so I don't know for certain, more of a theory

1. If you have both devices connected to the same profile you are going to cause problems because backup can occur over WiFi thus you are backing up two similar but different backups.
    2. So with 1 being true if you sign into the profile on both devices and turn off backup on the non-activated unit it should wipe the backup off of the server.
    3. Then going to the activated unit you should be able to turn backup on and create a fresh backup of the device on the server

If that works without issues then you should be fine and you will still be able to get updates and download applications
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    nope , just keeep your pre (sprint) in airplane mode no wifi no nothing its good just for usb mode and app testing
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    If you use the same profile you could cause some issues. Here is my initial thoughts on it working though.

This has not been tested so I don't know for certain, more of a theory

1. If you have both devices connected to the same profile you are going to cause problems because backup can occur over WiFi thus you are backing up two similar but different backups.
    2. So with 1 being true if you sign into the profile on both devices and turn off backup on the non-activated unit it should wipe the backup off of the server.
    3. Then going to the activated unit you should be able to turn backup on and create a fresh backup of the device on the server

If that works without issues then you should be fine and you will still be able to get updates and download applications
    thats a good thought as well. With what you are suggesting it seems like i wont be able to use the wifi at all after using the other profile.

however i was hoping to be able to continue to download FLASH when it gets out for the Pre.
    only one phone can be signed into a palm profile at a time. If you try to connect a different phone it will ask you about the other phone that is activate on the profile and if you want to still sign in. I replaced one pre ( water damage) with a new one.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i just swapped my pre for a pre plus. i didn't think of all this first. i logged the plus into the same profile. if i start up the pre, it looks for a profile via evdo and cant get to it as sprint cut off that line. is there a way to get to usb mode or to get it to boot?
    looks like I will have to wait for 1.4 and flash to come out before I can use my old profile.

I still wonder though what will happen if I (1) sign in to my original Pre Profile on my Pixi (2) and just turn the wifi on on my Pre when I need to (like when updates come out etc) what will happen. Will my Pre refuse to work once I get connected to the internet? What if I turn off the Wifi at night when the automatic backup occurs?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    thats a good thought as well. With what you are suggesting it seems like i wont be able to use the wifi at all after using the other profile.

however i was hoping to be able to continue to download FLASH when it gets out for the Pre.
    ive tried every method , none of this will work. you will have 1 doorstop and one phone
    After I switched to Pre Plus I assumed my pictures on the Pre would follow to the Pre Plus. Is there anyway I can still get the Sprint Pre pictures since I no longer have Sprint service?
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    looks like I will have to wait for 1.4 and flash to come out before I can use my old profile.

I still wonder though what will happen if I (1) sign in to my original Pre Profile on my Pixi (2) and just turn the wifi on on my Pre when I need to (like when updates come out etc) what will happen. Will my Pre refuse to work once I get connected to the internet? What if I turn off the Wifi at night when the automatic backup occurs?
    No this won't work. As soon as you turn wifi on it will conflict with the same profile on the Pixi. Your only option to use the old profile on the Pixi is to Doctor the Pre and make a new profile by enabling wifi on First Use with Meta Doctor.
  17.    #17  
    i will try not to do the meta doctor until i really have to.

It may be worth just re-buying the apps i had on my Pre and keep the Pre running (with hopes of Flash soon) than to brick my Pre and make it useless.

It may be worth just re-buying the apps i had on my Pre and keep the Pre running (with hopes of Flash soon) than to brick my Pre and make it useless.
    Im sorry, I'm not trying to sound like an a s s but that was just an ignorant statement. Posts like that are why people are so afraid to do anything w/ homebrew and patches... you probably heard that from some other misinformed member first and took it as gospel.

YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT BRICK YOUR PRE UNLESS YOU SMASH IT W/ ONE!!!!

Unless you do physical damage to your phone...you can always Dr. it back to stock.....No harm no foul!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Ok, I'm a bit confused... So you have a Pre and a Pixi, correct? You want to wait for Flash to come out so you can have it on your Pre. After the Pre gets Flash, you want to start using the Pixi with your Pre's Palm profile. How would you then use Flash on the Pre with no profile(hence no internet). When you log out of the Pre's profile, I believe it wipes all data associated with it.

Without using meta doctor, your Pre will be a paperweight with no internet access at all.

I'm confused as to what you are trying to accomplish here. Please let us know exactly what you are trying to do so that we can help you.
    ok here's to clarify.

I intend to use my Pre as more of a multimedia device with it's bigger screen and also as a Gaming device (rather than get a PSP Go or something).

With Flash coming, i was hoping to be able to watch hulu on the Pre and make it the ultimate multimedia player.

The gaming I have actually bought a handful of 3d games and hope to be able to buy more not only keep the ones I have.

Hope that clears it out.

@2sslow - I know that but I am not one who would be savvy enough to do a meta-doctor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast