1.    #1  
    Did anyone read if the Pre will get skype on V?

There are a few phones mentioned that V sells, (supposed to be 9 smart phone models carried by V). Did any of the articles mention the Pre for Skype on V? Thanks and take care. jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    No, the Pre or Pixi were not mentioned.
    I havn't seen one that mentions the pre yet.
    So if I have the Sprint plan where I have unlimiited SMS & MMS, unlimited mobile to mobile calling (I rarely call land lines) and unlimited data, what are the advantages of Skype. It's not that I am bagging on Skype, just need more info.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    So if I have the Sprint plan where I have unlimiited SMS & MMS, unlimited mobile to mobile calling (I rarely call land lines) and unlimited data, what are the advantages of Skype. It's not that I am bagging on Skype, just need more info.
    Thanks
    The Reason i would love skype on my pre is for international calling. Or more importantly FREE (granted the other person is on a computer lol) internet calling. However I doubt majority of the users would have that use for it... For you guys however Video conferencing might make it worth it. the iPhone has a app by Fring that supports Skype Video Calls over a WiFi network. Its pretty awesome.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Fring Brings Video Calls to the iPhone

Incase anyone wanted to see Fring in action... However i just realized that its not Skype thats on the iPhone, its Fring that I really want... anyone know anything about Fring coming to WebOS???
    As of now, there is no Skype client for VoIP. I remember my treo could handle chats but not calls.

Yesterday there was a post for those interested to sign the Skype petition on the Skype Forums:

forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=356321
    Last edited by tom12Ga; 02/17/2010 at 10:05 PM. Reason: typo / URL clutter
    Yeah, Fring is a great program. I used it to call Skype contacts on my winmo phone (HTC Touch Pro) back when I had it. Would be awesome on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Did anyone read if the Pre will get skype on V?

There are a few phones mentioned that V sells, (supposed to be 9 smart phone models carried by V). Did any of the articles mention the Pre for Skype on V? Thanks and take care. jay
    This subject posted many times already.
    Please search.
    No... no webOS devices mentioned.
    Again, means "no" skype for Pre.
    Please close this thread.