1.    #1  
    I was a day One Pre owner but the reception was buggy - with 1.3.5.1 i have been told that has been addressed? I can get 2 Palm Pre's on Sprint for free with 1500 min family plan for $103 a month -- is that a good deal? I'm worried about reception and being in a 2 year contract :-0

Note I had a Blade Samsung which has had zero problems with reception
    You have a 30 day trial window, if you don't like the reception, you pay a 35 dollar restocking fee as long as the Pre is not damaged.
    Love the Pre. It has come a long way since launch day. Hopefully 1.4 makes it even bettar.
    No...next question.
    if u do decide to buy the pre again try best buy they wont charge you a restocking fee
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Id hate to steer you away from the Pre. I havent really noticed any change in reception since launch day. BUT, I have never had reception problems either.

Was your problem just in your house or everywhere? If it is just in your house, call Sprint and complain. I did and they sent me a free airave with free service for 2 years.

Maybe you had a bad Pre. Only way to find out is to try another. I think you'll be surprised how much better it is since the original launch day firmware. You may want to watch the "tips" videos on the pre because a lot of stuff you cant tell just by looking at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnner1999 View Post
    I was a day One Pre owner but the reception was buggy - with 1.3.5.1 i have been told that has been addressed? I can get 2 Palm Pre's on Sprint for free with 1500 min family plan for $103 a month -- is that a good deal? I'm worried about reception and being in a 2 year contract :-0

Note I had a Blade Samsung which has had zero problems with reception
    Did you ever bother to exchange your original Pre to determine if you just got unlucky with a malfunctioning device...or do a PRL update?

If so, you are not going to experience any reception miracles with a 1.3.5 device. If everything else Sprint-branded works with full bars in your area and the original Pre didn't...it had to be a bad device.
    Last edited by MilenkoD; 02/18/2010 at 06:51 AM.
    i think your silly to buy a pre again if were not happy with it day one.

if you really love the pre go on a better network and get the pre plus
    i just got a new pre, built 12/21/2009 and it gets 2 bar or so better reception than the other pres i had, so i know i got bad ones to begin with but if your still asking op, just do it, you know you want to... i mean everyones doin it lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    My original pre had some issues so I asked a sprint store employee and they found that it did have some issues and they replaced it so I think a lot of the pre's have issues from the begging but if you get a good one you should be very happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    You have a 30 day trial window, if you don't like the reception, you pay a 35 dollar restocking fee as long as the Pre is not damaged.
    my dad changed phone 3 times and never paid a restocking fee.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    How are you able to get the 2 free pre's? I'm looking that them as well and haven't seen this deal but am very interested!
    Go for it, do it for PALM!!!!!!!
    Yes, but make sure Sprint also gives you an Airave given your prior experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    my dad changed phone 3 times and never paid a restocking fee.
    You may get charged a fee if you return within the 30 days...as in quit the device AND Sprint...NOT exchange...
    BTW...I often get between 1 to 3 bars...in-and-out. Never had a phone connection problem and the 3G side was always strong. I think with 3G, you either get it, or you don't...signal strength bars is a little less factor
    I don't know if the reception has been improved, but the signal search and tuning in lower signal areas has been improved. I had iffy coverage at home right near launch and it is improved for us. I haven't dropped as call at home in a long time, and it was fairly often in July/August.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.