Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Today I was browsing the wallpaper forums, found one I liked, and emailed it to my Pre. Once it actually got on my Pre's email, it showed up as a jpg in the email app as an attachment. When I clicked on it, however, it says "Cannot find an application which can open this file." Then I can't do anything with it. Is my Pre messed up? Should I be able to view pictures in emails as attachments? I feel like I should be able to.

Also in the email, there was a link to download the actual file. The browser opens up, appears to download it, but then when I tap on the download bar file thingy, I get a message saying "No handler for file:///media/internal/downloads/download-19474-black_1.jpg"
    I also get this message whenever I try to view PDF's on the web.

Is this just a lack of functionality? Is there a way to enable it? The Pre has a picture viewer, as well as a PDF viewer, so why can't I look at them?

Thanks for your help!
    I have the same problem, anyone found a solution?
    The pre has issues with downloading jpg attachments. The only solution I can give you without patching is to resave it as a PNG and email it again.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    So there is a patch for it? Do you know what it's called? Also, is the PDF downloading a typical issue as well?
    The multi-mod patch for the browser allows you to right click [orange+click] on a photo and save it. At this point, I've had this patch for so long that I don't know if it's part of the OS now or not. It may be.

I have never downloaded a PDF to my phone, so I cannot tell you.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yeah, it's part of the OS now, lol. Thanks.
    No prob.
    mmm I download jpg images from my email all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    The multi-mod patch for the browser allows you to right click [orange+click] on a photo and save it. At this point, I've had this patch for so long that I don't know if it's part of the OS now or not. It may be.

I do have to thank you for this. Not being able to do this ****ed me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post

it came with 1.3.5.1 orange button + tap brings up options to share, set as wallpaper, open in new card, save to photos. I had an issue with a few pdf's and word docs not opening from the browser, but when I launched pdf view or doc view, the files were there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjb5909 View Post
    Should I be able to view pictures in emails as attachments? I feel like I should be able to.

Also in the email, there was a link to download the actual file. The browser opens up, appears to download it, but then when I tap on the download bar file thingy, I get a message saying "No handler for file:///media/internal/downloads/download-19474-black_1.jpg"
    When in email, once the pic is loaded scroll down to the BOTTOM of the email and you will see the picture down there for you to tap, load up and then "copy to photos"
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    mmm I download jpg images from my email all the time.

sure would like to know how you view the jpg files...I dont have an app to view them according to my Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by fastapp69 View Post
    sure would like to know how you view the jpg files...I dont have an app to view them according to my Pre

It works for me too. I open the email, the jpg downloads, I click on it and it gives me the option to "copy to photos" and I tap on that. When I go into my photo app and look in 'downloads' there it is. I just tested it out again just now to make sure the process still worked. It's always worked this way for me.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    you have to let the pic load in your email, once it is loaded hold the orange button down and tap the picture for the options