1.    #1  
    Hello, first time posting here, is anyone else having trouble using the Sprint Navigation app. I have used it several times in the past but just today it started giving me this error message.

A critical error occurred when trying to get GPS fix. Your exact location will not be known, and you will not be able to use Sprint Navigation's turn-by-turn GPS navigation features.

TIA
    I don't mean to state the obvious, but have you tried opening the 'Location Services' application and ensuring that Auto-Locate is enabled?

Also, ensure that you haven't disabled GPS using any patches (particularly device menu patches - people tend to turn things off and then forget about it)

Good luck
    Sometimes I have to turn the GPS off, shutdown and restart the phone and then re-enable GPS... usually locks on 2x as fast after that..
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the replies. Yes i made sure I had Auto-Locate on, decided to just restart my Pre and success it worked! GPS is working fine. thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by WrayMus View Post
    thanks for the replies. Yes i made sure I had Auto-Locate on, decided to just restart my Pre and success it worked! GPS is working fine. thanks again
    Glad it worked out.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    sometimes the gps gets stuck. I usually just restart the phone and it works. I wonder if just toggling the gps with display gps patch might suffice, or toggling airplane mode. But I'm sure about the phone restart.