View Poll Results: Will you remove patches before 1.4?

Voters
480. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I don't trust those Preware guys.

108 22.50%
  • No, it'll be fine!

360 75.00%
  • What is a patch?

12 2.50%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I know with the Auto Update stuff they have worked into preware, you don't need to remove/reinstall patches after a WebOS update, but I'm still sceptical. How many of you will be removing your patches before you upgrade to 1.4?
    im still a skeptic, but im going to update with them still installed, here's hoping nothing goes wrong!
    i trust the fine folks at preware explicitly and if they say i don't have to, then i won't be...
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    I'm gonna update with them installed. I'm sure a lot of hard work went into the auto update stuff so I have faith. I figure the worst that can happen is I have to visit the doctor.
    I am to be sure some of the features of my patches aren't included in the update
    Nope, I trust them.
    I'll update with all patches still there.
    They've yet to do me wrong, so I'll just keep my patches on. The worst that could happen is that I have to doctor. No biggie as far as I'm concernced.
    I'm sure they've tested it but I only use quick install. I'm sure there are some who are going to update with everything installed. I'm going to wait to see what they report before I remove everything.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I will make sure all my important things are backed up and in a position not to be ruined (just in case, you never know), but I will be keeping all of my patches on there! Those Preware guys seem to know what they are doing!
    with as much testing as went into it, i'm sure it will be fine, and i will be leaving them on. theme will be removed, of course (duh).

i had thought for a while that i would sit this one out and see what happened, but since i have twice doctored my phone just for fun and have no issue with setting things up again, i may as well be a guinea pig, ya know. not that i have any reason to expect this to not work for people other than operator error.
    nop, i trust them and i think they work pretty hard to make preware perfect!
    i gonna wait for others installing it. If there are problems, i will uninstall both of them
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    patches come off first
    I have one patch that will need to be removed before the update, the other 30 or so are staying put.

I will probably remove the VKB before the update too, just because it's always a little more finicky than other patches.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I'll wait a few hours before I install 1.4...that way I can see if anyone else's Pre is getting messed up. Then I'll decide whether or not to remove them.

On second thought...I'll probable be so excited 1.4 is here that I'll just install right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    I'll wait a few hours before I install 1.4...that way I can see if anyone else's Pre is getting messed up. Then I'll decide whether or not to remove them.

On second thought...I'll probable be so excited 1.4 is here that I'll just install right away.
    exactly how i feel
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    Nope I'll install with them still on. Those Preware guys wouldn't lie to me!
    No, all my Boy Scout patches will be kept firmly ON!
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    They've yet to do me wrong, so I'll just keep my patches on. The worst that could happen is that I have to doctor. No biggie as far as I'm concernced.
    Exactly my thoughts. Plus I'm adventerous, brave, or stupid, take your pick?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I will also prob wait a few hours to see what happens.. but I dont like the wording of the choices (Not trusting the Preware guys thing...)...
    Unless its an inside joke...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast