1. one
    I have the newest OS (1.3.5.2) version.
    I have a google account and I have the google profile set as default (for contacts and calendar).

Till yesterday all my contacts were correctly syncd between google and the pre.
    Yesterday I had 2 contacts which got automatically linked because of the nickname.
    I unlinked them, then I have deleted one of them.

Since then ALL the nicknames got deleted from the pre (not on google).
    The nicknames are not synced anymore between the pre and google: on google all the contacts have nickname, on the palm none. I can add a nickname directly on the palm (and it stays) but it is not synced back to google.

what"s going on?

HELP! How can I "activate" again the nickname sync?!
    Never knew nicknames would get synched? I'm checking to see if mine get synced.....

EDIT: None of my Google contacts (PC Side) have their nicknames sync'd and I can't remember ever seeing this as an option. To be fair though, I never really looked for it on the Google PC side.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 02/17/2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Nicknames as far as I can remember back are not synchronized with Google.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  4. one
    I am sure 100% they were synced until yesterday.
    I have "loaded" all my contacts through google, and never edited them on the pre.
    I was able until yesterday to search through my contacts using the nickname, and the 2 contacts I was talking about got linked ONLY because of the nickname, so the nicknames were there.... now they are disappeared .....
    I don't see the nicknames option/field in my Google contacts from the PC side?
  6. one
    Between "Instant Messaging" and "Notes" there is a scroll field "Add".
    The first field which you can choose in it is "Nickname".
    If you do so the Nickname field is added directly below the contact name, there you can set the nickname
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Between "Instant Messaging" and "Notes" there is a scroll field "Add".
    The first field which you can choose in it is "Nickname".
    If you do so the Nickname field is added directly below the contact name, there you can set the nickname
    Ahh, now I see it as an option that you can add. I'll try and add one to see if it syncs with my Pre and vice-versa.
  8. one
    I have telephoned with palm: they say birthdays and nicknames are not synced with google, and if they did in the past it was "by chance".

Can I say that this is "stupid"? Those 2 Fields exist in both of them (pre and google contacts), then why not to use them?

Am I wrong when I say that google helped in the develop of WebOS? If it is so google should be 10000% compatible, or not?