1.    #1  
    Would really like to see the paypal intergration in the app catolog so that you can purchase apps through your account. This would resolve and issue of seucrity of histing credit card info in the "cloud" Plus gives us more options to purchase apps instead of just Mastercard or Visa

What do you think?
    yes paypal would be brilliant
    Agreed.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Did you suggest this to Palm? Remember Palm has their own forums on support on the WebOS platform.

Palm Support Community - Palm Support Community
    +1, screw that + a ton. I often have more on my paypal than I do on my debit card. It takes like 30 seconds to put money on my Paypal but to transfer it to my bank takes two days
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    It would be nice to have more options but all your information is still in the cloud. Just a different cloud.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Really appreciate your response on this. I'm familiar with your name via the Palm Support forums. I know it's a bit of a daunting task to monitor other communities, and appreciate you taking the time to respond in communities outside the official Palm forum.
    Sorry to dig the forums, but I'd like to see paypal in the App Catalog, too.
    +1 I don't have a credit card and don't intend on getting one. With previous phones app purchases have just been added to my monthly bill.
    paypal would be brilliant. I hate the fact that I have to control all my payment info thru my pre inside the app store.

On a different subject, there is something with paypal called Paypal Plug-In.

This allows you to make a secure card. Paypal generates a mastercard credit card number for you, and you can use that number on sites that allow mastercard, but not paypal and still pay from your paypal account. The Plug-in is free, you just need to have at least a credit card linked to your account incase you decide to buy something that you do not have enough money for in your paypal balance and/or bank acct.
    it is kinda odd that the app catalog doesn't support paypal, but they want developers to have paypal accounts.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    actually paypal already processes all the app catalog transactions. It's just not done with ur pp account. They are one time transactions through the Paypal API
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    OK.
    Let's start it again!
    I don't know how hard it is to implement PayPal integration (or walkaround)to the App Catalog, but here's my story:

I wanted to purchase an app (~3,50Euro/3GBP). Why not? Good app, cheep, support the devoloper by not-being-a-pirate, support webOS community (devs that are still with us).
    I've activated my Pre3 with Impostah just to be able to buy some non-free apps.
    I have singed-up to wirecard.com becouse I don't have (and don't want to)a Credit Card.
    BUT: to purchase an app that cost 3GBP I have to pay about 25-30GBP (for transfer from my bank to wirecard account)+3GBP (for an app).
    Maybe my bank is a rip-off, but I don't expect that any other bank in my country would charge less for international transfer [yeah, international. The only way to enter the IBAN (International Bank Account Number)].

Is there a way to buy apps like... ekhem... like it should be? Internationally, without ripping ourself without purpose? webOS is actually a web OS isn't it?
    You know what my piont is, right?
    Online App Catalog shouldn't be just server based warehouse/depot/repository but ALSO a way to make web based purchase (what PayPal stand for).
    So far HP forces us to take a bow and being ***ked or ripped.

Just my thoughts.

PS

I'm not in the way to become a pirate (the one that ripping-off other people) yet.
    But when comes to a choise: being ripped or ripping the others what would you choose?

Regards,
    -pretoo-
    Pre3 (UK, QWERTY, Unlocked)
    webOS 2.2.4 (Build 3175), with UberKernel
    UK App Catalog via Impostah
    Orange [PL]
    I don't like using my credit cards online(especially for a $1.99 app) but I have no trouble using PayPal. How hard would it be, could it be to hook it up?