Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    They actually listened! Looking at the video from PreCentral for Flash on WebOS 1.4, you can see when they start the apps, they first pop up a splash screen to give the user feedback on loading. It makes a HUGE difference - it makes the apps appear as though they load quicker. Go Palm!
    link please??
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Go to the PreCentral homepage and play the youtube video for 1.4
    the flash video 6tr6tr is referring to is on the main page of this site...don't need a link, click the precentral logo at the top of the page
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    uhm.. is there a link to where i can watch this on my pre?
    Well it does for sure look a lot faster!
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    uhm.. is there a link to where i can watch this on my pre?

try this?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 02/17/2010 at 12:00 PM.
    ^ that video will NOT play on my Pre.
    i like that new icon in the browser card !
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Strange....works on mine.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Pre 2 will also come with a Turbo button.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    is not working in mine either
    The video is too new to show up on your mobile devices. Once Google have got round to encoding the video you'll be able to watch it on your Pre.

To the OP: This is indeed a brilliant addition to WebOS - even if the cards don't actually load quicker the new method of loading makes it appear that they are loading faster because we're not left staring blankly at our wallpapers every time we launch an app.

Great progress
    I don't like the splash screen maybe for the other apps but not for the web.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    is not working in mine either
    Agreed. Anyone find it weird that we have a youtube app that plays youtube videos...but we can't click on a random link in a forum and have it work?

Ok, not weird...but not well thought-out either.
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    Agreed. Anyone find it weird that we have a youtube app that plays youtube videos...but we can't click on a random link in a forum and have it work?
    It's not a Pre-specific issue. Youtube does not have every single one of their videos setup for viewing on a mobile device. I don't know their rhyme or reason, but its the same with other smartphones that support Youtube.
    I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    It's not a Pre-specific issue. Youtube does not have every single one of their videos setup for viewing on a mobile device. I don't know their rhyme or reason, but its the same with other smartphones that support Youtube.
    Exactly. I found that out while trying to watch the Vevo music videos on Youtube.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I think the new splash screen is brilliant. It makes the phone feel faster, just like the iPhone. Lots of people think the iPhone loads applications faster than the Pre while in fact it loads a place holder very fast but the content still takes couple seconds to load.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast