Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I'm running at 600Mhz right now and I'll concur with Tcub, I matched it up with the video and load times are almost identical. Either that Pre is running at 600Mhz all the time or they did improve load times in 1.4 I was considering taking a video and doing a side by side comparison so everyone could see what Tcub was saying for themselves but I don't think we'll be waiting too long for 1.4 from this point on. Plus with my schedule I probably wouldn't even get it done before it dropped anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I prefer the card view first, myself. If I can't do anything with the app anyway, now I don't have to first go to card view to go to something else quickly while waiting for the app to load.

What is the point of full screen when you can't do anything with the app? In card view you can at least discard the app if it was launched by mistake or something.

Card view is definitely the better UI for this.
    That would be a good point, but in yesterday's Flash hands-on video, Dieter wasn't able to close a browser card after opening it until the splash screen went away. This must be a new change in 1.4, and another reason why I think they might as well just have the card open fullscreen.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    htabbach is right, it's not overclocking, and I too have not noticed that much of a battery difference between 500 and 600. And I don't really get how a 20% increase in processor speed is going to mean "the same speed" as 500Mhz, especially if the phones start to really take advantage of it.
    What I meant was, the same speed of 1.4 at 500mhz as 1.3.5 at 600 mhz. It would mean 1.4 on 600mhz would be even faster. (Wouldn't that be amazing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I really like the new "splash screen" effect. Really helps the user understand what is happening. I've seen people complain about loading speed of applications as the reason they returned their Pre for a different smart phone. We certainly want Palm to keep the customers they have so developers will deliver more apps for WebOS, so this is an encouraging thing.

Now, can we do something about how long it takes the Pre to start up when I change the battery? That takes forever....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Now, can we do something about how long it takes the Pre to start up when I change the battery? That takes forever....
    Naww, unfortunately that's not gonna change - Android and BlackBerry suffer the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    ^ that video will NOT play on my Pre.
    hmmmm, they both play on my Treo 755p :-) I wonder, is the gsm Pre faster than the cdma? It looks fairly quick!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    You haven't waited for a BlackBerry Tour to reboot before I take it?

Pre takes a bit of time to load but is still definitely faster than some other phones out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    That would be a good point, but in yesterday's Flash hands-on video, Dieter wasn't able to close a browser card after opening it until the splash screen went away. This must be a new change in 1.4, and another reason why I think they might as well just have the card open fullscreen.
    Oh. that would suck.
    ^^thats not true

Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Well considering his tests at 600Mhz mirror closely 1.4's opening speed it could be understood that either the apps do indeed open faster, or the new patch sets the clocked speed to 600Mhz by default (which would be almost genius, and it's not like the individuals who went to look at 1.4 would notice the speed difference, most already have it clocked to 600, and only the non-patchers (and superstitious) would notice, and boy would they notice).
    trust me i know
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234