Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can anyone help me out? My pre has started acting weird, it starts acting like someone is touching the screen and will automatically open the launcher, start apps, zoom in and out of webpages, etc. It all started yesterday after playing the Spartan game. I have tried a Luna restart, a Java restart, a soft reset and even taking out the battery for a couple of minutes. Nothing has fixed it yet.
    already tried to find an exorcist in the yellow pages?
    do you have a screen protector on?
    did u try uninstalling the game?
  5.    #5  
    no screen protector, and no I haven't deleted the game. If I delete it, do I have to buy it again?
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    no screen protector, and no I haven't deleted the game. If I delete it, do I have to buy it again?
    nop uninstall it and try it ... u dont have to buy the game again , you can redownload for free!
    Call a priest?
    Wow this happened to me also. I had to do a partial erase on the phone. It happened after playing NFSU.
    Last edited by Boggs3010; 02/18/2010 at 08:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Can anyone help me out? My pre has started acting weird, it starts acting like someone is touching the screen and will automatically open the launcher, start apps, zoom in and out of webpages, etc. It all started yesterday after playing the Spartan game. I have tried a Luna restart, a Java restart, a soft reset and even taking out the battery for a couple of minutes. Nothing has fixed it yet.
    I had the same problem. I had to exchange my Pre. The tech thought it had to do with the ribbon cable connector for the screen or a voltage regulator issue.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pscharfg View Post
    I had the same problem. I had to exchange my Pre. The tech thought it had to do with the ribbon cable connector for the screen or a voltage regulator issue.
    Crap! If that is the case, would that be covered under Palms 1 year warranty?
  11.    #11  
    Ok, I just deleted the game. Hopefully that helps. If not I will have to do a partial erase :/
    This sucks, I thought I had left these problems behind with Windows Mobile.
    i had this happen when i had a 3rd party charger plugged in...
  13.    #13  
    Well deleting the game didnt help. If anything it made it worst, now the phone keeps going in "phoe offline" sporadically. I guess it's time for to go see Doctor WebOS. Any last suggestions?
    My phone started having the phantom phone gestures and screen touches as well. Seemed to mostly happen around the launcher area of the screen, and below in the gesture area, causing the led to light up. Eventually it became more and more frequent and I just took the phone into Sprint and they replaced it, though I was within the first 30 days.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wtgreen View Post
    My phone started having the phantom phone gestures and screen touches as well. Seemed to mostly happen around the launcher area of the screen, and below in the gesture area, causing the led to light up. Eventually it became more and more frequent and I just took the phone into Sprint and they replaced it, though I was within the first 30 days.
    That is exactly what is happening to me! The problem is I dont have insurance
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I had this happen to me after installing patches and uninstalling them. My only fix was to bring it to Sprint and get a replacement under the 1yr hardware warranty ... I had a dead pixel on the screen also

Sorry I couldn't be of much help ... nothing I did made it go away on it's own
    happened to me all I did was remove all patches with epr and it works fine now
    yup definitely a hardware issue.I called palm and tried everything.Even after flashing the ROM it still happens and i am sending back my unit to be replaced/repaired by them.Thsi is ne of those problems that seems to need definite repairs by them and from all accounts seems to be a hardware defect that may occur no matter how well you treat this phone if you are lucky enough to get this defect
    If your phone is still pretty new, most hardware issues are covered under the palm 1 year warranty and your cell providers store should help you out with the problem. I had my touchscreen completely fail and I took it to the sprint store and they replaced the phone. I would also suggest that if you do not already have it, to add on the warranty to your phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast