1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    On my old Nokia N95 i had options on how and when to send calls to voicemail, eg: reject call with the red button sends to voice mail
    Out of reach- send to voicemail
    send to voicemail after 5/10/20/30 seconds etc etc etc
    Are there any options on the PRE???
    I cant seem to find any, voicemail is activated and working as i recieved a text telling me i had a new message (and i did) but i can seem to configure it as above.
    I tried ringing my number but when i reject the cal from the PRE (power twice or red button if in dialing app) it just cuts the caller off without sending to voicemail, how doi configure this??
    Surely this can be done? there are times at work when i cant answer a call but obviously would like the caller to be able to leave a message if it is important.

Ta
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    Hi all,
    On my old Nokia N95 i had options on how and when to send calls to voicemail, eg: reject call with the red button sends to voice mail
    Out of reach- send to voicemail
    send to voicemail after 5/10/20/30 seconds etc etc etc
    Are there any options on the PRE???
    I cant seem to find any, voicemail is activated and working as i recieved a text telling me i had a new message (and i did) but i can seem to configure it as above.
    I tried ringing my number but when i reject the cal from the PRE (power twice or red button if in dialing app) it just cuts the caller off without sending to voicemail, how doi configure this??
    Surely this can be done? there are times at work when i cant answer a call but obviously would like the caller to be able to leave a message if it is important.

Ta
    No such options on Pre, as much as I know of.
    Would be very much appreciated to have such features, though.
    On my employer-provided ("standardized") Nokia E65, in excess to those you described, I can send predefined text message to caller.
    On N95 too, I presume?
    Press power button twice to send call to voice mail.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Press power button twice to send call to voice mail.
    Is that it?? what about if im not about to press the power button? surely a so called "smart phone" should include an option to divert to voicemail after a set period of time is unanswered?
    As i mentioned my old Nokia N95, infact all my old Nokia's going back a good few years had several options as far as divert to voicemail was concerned......

Patch??
    That's it so far as I know.

I think the issue your running into is that the Smartphone is being used less and less as a phone and more and more as a very small computer. With e-mail, text messaging and web browsing taking an equal, if not greater, slice of the pie these days. As a result Palm hasn't fully developed the phone side of things at this time.

That said....get yourself a Google voice account. That will give you more options than you have ever had.
    If you leave the phone ringing it will go to voice mail, at least mine does. I can't remember any other option than "press red button" and "leave the phone ringing" to send calls to voice mail for my Nokia. That said it was a rather low-tech Nokia (it had, by choice, no camera for example).
  7.    #7  
    Hmmmmmmmm google voice? how does that work then? does it integrate well with the Pre?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Hmmmmmmmm google voice? how does that work then? does it integrate well with the Pre?
    Not if you're in the UK

Try some of the GSM codes in this link to set different options for forwarding and diverting.
  9.    #9  
    Dead link?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

11.    #11  
    Thanks, will give it a go, cant see why this isnt part of the options though, cant really get my head around that the only voicemail option on the pre is ON or OFF!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Not a dead link for me, but yeah thats what I was getting at.
    Thanks, will give it a go, cant see why this isnt part of the options though, cant really get my head around that the only voicemail option on the pre is ON or OFF!!!!!!
    Have to agree with you on that one.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Why complicate the UI with stuff that can be done with (not well advertised) standard GSM features?