1.    #1  
    For those who don't read the front page of P|C all the time, here is a quote right from Dieter:

Unfortunately, Flash is definitely not confirmed for February (looks like it was a miscommunication at Palm's SFR launch). All Adobe is saying is 'First Half of 2010,' so it's unclear what'll happen there.

I hope this means that what they are doing is fine tuning the app to make it work the best it can....I mean what else could they be doing. Looks like it worked pretty well in the video.

Cheers!
    Robert
    I likey take apart thingies....
  2.    #2  
    Title should say FLASH not confirmed for February.....brain hasn't fully woken up yet....

TITLE FAIL!
    I likey take apart thingies....
    wow you just ruined my night lol even though its 4 am
    where did you see this first half of 2010 from? the adobe site on the pre?

edit: just saw it on precentral site
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Oh, you are such a "buzz-kill". ;-) What a crappy way to start the day....

Oh, and your _avatar_ still sucks... ;-)

Well, maybe 1.4 will drop and take our minds off this...
    Well that makes me kinda sad... At least it's comfirmed to be released within the next 3 1/2 months. I'm still looking forward to it though and now expecting it to work flawlessly lol.
    Adobe has been pushing this back, and pushing this back... with the video showing that it runs - and on a Pre (not +) no less - I wonder if there are security issues that have to be worked out.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    most likely the quality assurance isn't done yet, this usually takes as much as 1/3 to 2/3rds of development efforts.
    They did initially promise a beta at the end of October.

Meh, its Adobe after all, i wouldn't hold my breath...
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Adobe will bring Flash out for webOs on June 30, 2010 - The latest possible date in the first half of 2010!

Thanks Adobe!

Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Adobe has been pushing this back, and pushing this back... with the video showing that it runs - and on a Pre (not +) no less - I wonder if there are security issues that have to be worked out.
    Security flaw? There's people out there that would take an exploit in Flash player for a mobile device and use that to their advantage?

Heck, if they're going to that much trouble to hack into my phone I say let 'em!
    Last edited by Kujila; 02/17/2010 at 07:49 AM. Reason: added reply; didn't want to double post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    It's important to remember that Adobe is pushing to created a system that will run on virtually ALL smartphones, not just the Pre. I'm sure there are a lot of issues to be worked out on such a system.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    It's important to remember that Adobe is pushing to created a system that will run on virtually ALL smartphones, not just the Pre. I'm sure there are a lot of issues to be worked out on such a system.
    The only problem there is they are at Flash 10, waiting for that big jump to 10.1, and they still don't have it working right on all PCs.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Not only all different systems but also different carriers have to approve this as well. As long as 1.4 comes out soon I'm ok waiting for flash.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    They did initially promise a beta at the end of October.

Meh, its Adobe after all, i wouldn't hold my breath...
    No, they promised a Developer kit by the end of October. That's not a beta. That's a pre-beta, sometimes a couple of generations before a true beta, so software developers have several months to get programming ready. Even if Adobe does release a fully finished (mostly) beta, it won't be public, or show up on WebOS. Those aren't ready for mainstream yet.

At any rate, the developer pre-release hit last month, on the 17th, so expect a bit of a wait. Not a whole lot of use for it if nobody has applications ready for it, is there?
    I'm going to stop following all the announcements etc. If it's not ready then don't talk it up at CES. If it was a miscommunication then at least inform your customers.

If it's not on my phone or available to install then it doesn't exist.

Maybe I'll go to CES next year and announce the new smartphone I've developed with 3D and mind control. It's coming out sometime before the end of the century afterall Any day now.... I'll clarify if that's calendar century or fiscal century when it's convenient.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    I'm going to stop following all the announcements etc. If it's not ready then don't talk it up at CES. If it was a miscommunication then at least inform your customers.

If it's not on my phone or available to install then it doesn't exist.

Maybe I'll go to CES next year and announce the new smartphone I've developed with 3D and mind control. It's coming out sometime before the end of the century afterall Any day now.... I'll clarify if that's calendar century or fiscal century when it's convenient.
    Who are you kidding? Your going to be as obessed as we obviously all are and hang on every word these guys say and you know it. I know I will.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...