Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    make sure the ac plug has a 1amp output. Some say 1000ma which is the same as 1amp. There are some off branded chargers that will work with the TS as long as it has the right output. The chargers that are universal for BB phones as well, will not put out enough current. I learned that the hard way.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Make sure you see the charging idle screen (digital display of current time and a lock symbol at the bottom of the screen) if you don't see this or the screen changes then the Pre is not sitting on the TS in the right place, or got bumped and is no longer. I have had my Pre drain the battery instead of charging it when this happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post

This happened to me once...with an Artist series back! The first one lost its ability to charge. The replacement seems to now to have a holding pattern with the charger, where is stays clocked at a certain percentage...it even goes down a few numbers when charging!
    I'm convinced that it's my Artist's back cover. I tried charging it with my car charger and Touchstone on the dash, and it reverses the charge! This would explain when I charge it at night at home, the battery goes dead.

Going to Palm store tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    2,153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    This might be overly-simple for your situation, but I've found that I get this symptom when the pre isn't properly seated on top of the touchstone. When it happenes, I find that it's sitting kind of crooked. But I can always get it to stop when I adjust it.
    Yep. I had to adjust mine today for the first time.
    I have gone through a number of Touchstones, and I think it was because the cover that I use (the one that locks together and purchased from sprint) is very picky as to where the coils are lined up in the TS. I finally got my 4th TS that works right with the cover I have.
    I have this issue with one of my TS chargers. The one on my desk works fine but the one in my car keeps working on and off. I have tried both of my TS backs and neither work so I guess I'll have to give palm a call :/
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I have this issue with one of my TS chargers. The one on my desk works fine but the one in my car keeps working on and off. I have tried both of my TS backs and neither work so I guess I'll have to give palm a call :/
    Text chat their support and they'll give you new ones. I've had that done TWICE.

EDIT: What charger are you using in the car? That sounds like the problem.
    It's not the touchstone, it's the back for the phone.
    Check to make sure that the TS is not getting too hot sitting in the car (in the sun light, etc.). There are a lot of reports that it will keep cycling on and off the charge when it is too hot.
    I have three touchstones plus three cables and all of them work fine at home, but in the car they all have the same problem of the touchstone 'going on and off charge'. By the way I am using the Palm car charger bought from Radio Shack. Any idea what the problem might be? Could it be the car charger?
    I've noticed that their claimed 'strong' magnets don't really always just line the phone up into the right position, like they say it is supposed to, sometimes you have to adjust it yourself.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-solution.html

This is a relatively easy mod on the back cover which may prove useful in some cases.
    Don't try to disassemble the TS. It's n00bytrapped.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12